Go Cruise Speed Control Review ($32) - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Go Cruise Speed Control Review ($32)

Hey Guys - While Iím sure Cruise Controls have surfaced before on this forum, I thought I would share my experience with the Go Cruise and why I selected it for my Nine T. While the Nine T might not be a traveling bike for most, I find myself taking day trips often, so anything I can do to make it more comfortable, like lower foot pegs from A&J Cycles or a cruise control, Iíll take advantage of.

While these devices are not earth shattering by any means, this little add-on called ďGo CruiseĒ will give you a ďPoor ManísĒ cruise control for around $30 that will make riding your 9T that much more enjoyable. This great piece is inexpensive, installs in just a few seconds and works exactly as intended.

Cruise Safety - The most important aspect of the Go Cruise that I like is; unlike other speed controls, to release the Go Cruise, you do what is totally natural - just twist the grip to lower the throttle as you would normally do and its Off! Other speed controls require an action like a button or lever to dis-engage it, if a deer or a car runs out in front of you, there is no time to think about releasing anything!

Go Cruise Speed Control - While simple in design, this speed control will quickly become your best friend the first few times you use it. Iím sure a lot of you get the old ďNumb HandĒ and cramps after squeezing that throttle after an hour or so. With Go Cruise installed on your bike, youíll find yourself using it not only for expressway driving, but on rural roads as well. Even on windy back roads, I find myself engaging the cruise on a lower throttle setting say around 30-35 mph to relax my hand and just add additional throttle when needed. On Interstates, I use it religiously to both maintain a constant speed and help me relax or warm my throttle hand during cold weather. Even if the terrain is hilly, you can find a setting that will average out even though the bike will slow and speed up on the inclines.

How it Works - As I mentioned, the Go Cruise is a super simple design that works flawlessly. The way it works is; a friction wheel allows the Go Cruise to lightly clamp on the throttles rubber grip to where it will put enough pressure to hold the throttle, but yet not enough pressure that you can't quickly release it when needed. The Cruise is supplied with a rubber sleeve that slides over your grip if needed. The image below shows the small thumb nut which applies tension to grab the grip, you simply tighten it up one time and thatís it.

To Engage Go Cruise you simply push on the little dimple with your thumb at the upper section which allows the Go Cruise is lay on your brake lever. Thatís it, let off the throttle and relax - the throttle will remain at that position until you manually lower it again then remains off until you re-set it.

Cheap Fun - The Go-Cruise deluxe which is one shown sells for around $32.00 and is available most anywhere. A google search shows them at most bike outlets as well as Amazon and Ebay. Construction - The Go-Cruise is made of aluminum with a black anodized or chrome finish. The whole piece is high-quality construction and should last a life time. Another nice feature is you can take it from bike to bike by only loosing the thumb wheel, slide it over the throttle grip then quickly re-adjusting it for the next bike. The cruise also comes with a smooth rubber sleeve that you can snap over your grip if its not a even surface.

Conclusion - Iím also using this same Cruise on my Indian Scout and my Honda NM4. The Go Cruise is versatile and will even fit large hand grips as well. You can find Go Cruise at many of the better motorcycle outlets and on Ebay. In any case, I assure you the Go-Cruise will be the best thirty bucks you can spend on your BMW.

Regards- Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
There are other cruise control threads on the forum, but this is a great review too. For that reason it deserves to stand on it's own merit and not to be merged with any existing thread.

You are making a habit of great posting.... Keep it up!

EDIT - I hope you don't mind but I edited the post title so something more search friendly, and also moved the post to the correct forum section.

Today I'll be mostly riding.....

BMW R NineT

1979 Moto Guzzi MK1 Le Mans (950 conversion, proddy race engine)

Last edited by BaldyDave; 04-19-2017 at 04:59 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM

Interesting to see they make them out of metal now (at a higher price!) - I have had a couple of their plastic ones over the years on my GSA but eventually they become brittle and snap. Have also found work best when have grip puppies fitted which make the handgrips larger (otherwise need the rubber strap which they provide but the Go Cruise tends to slip off it).

2016 BMW RnineT Scrambler X;
2001 BMW R1150GSA;
1998 Suzuki DR350S;
1990 BMW K1;
1977 Honda Camino;
1962 AJS 14CSR 250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 06:11 PM

Garage
I was looking at other cruise control devices but they call cost $100 and up. This is a great affordable alternative that I might even try. Thanks for sharing.
Madaza likes this.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

post #5 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply's guys - Dave no problem on the edit Regards!

Mike

post #6 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Here's an image of the Go Cruise in black anodized finish which some guys might like better to blend in with the controls. My self I'm a chrome guy!

I also wanted to mention the Go Cruise is very thin and therefore does not take any comfort or space from the grip as shown in this image. Also note there is a plastic strip on the bottom of the Go Cruise where it contacts the brake lever which prevents the Go Cruise from marring the brake lever finish.

post #7 of 11 Old 04-19-2017, 11:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ON CASH View Post

Hey Guys -
Regards- Mike

Thats a great looking NineT, even if I am prejudiced towards the original painted tank. Very well put together. Just needs some Xheads now
post #8 of 11 Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ON CASH View Post

Hey Guys - While Iím sure Cruise Controls have surfaced before on this forum, I thought I would share my experience

Regards- Mike

Thanks Mike, that looks like what I need. I bought an Atlas Throttle lock and really liked it until my mechanic pointed out at full bar lock it touched my tank (I've put on lower Rizoma bars).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1980 Honda CB650, 1997 Honda CB900, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie, 2010 VTR 250, 2016 BMW R9T
post #9 of 11 Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the flowers guys - that is an older image of my girl, I've since added engine bars as well - Regards!

post #10 of 11 Old 04-20-2017, 03:10 PM

I have been using the black finish one for three years now with no issues.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page