BMW NineT Forum banner

Grips

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Parkblu 
#1 ·
Mate rode the bike yesterday and commented he'd put grip puppies on to make the lower bars more comfortable.

I thought wrapping them with gel racquet tape might work ok too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm testing this first, the gel racquet tapes are about $3 each. The Cinelli tape is about $100 a tape.

Also, bicycle tape is much longer than racquet tape, if I like it, I can get leather racquet tape for about $20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Was going to post my grip tape job for opinions and see I'm not original.
Anyway, I did feel the stock grips left some to be desired and also figured racquet tape would be a good, quick, easy option. I did one round first with black wilson tape I already had laying around. I did like the look and feel but figured another layer would be helpful. So gave white a round on this go. I tried to build up a bit more in the middle. I very much like the feel but feel I will swap out to another color or back to black pretty soon.

Anyway, opinions?

Attachments

#7 ·
I'm loving having the racquet tape (squash racquet undertape with a gel backing by Karokel). Even with medium glove size hands I found the BMW grip too small.

The white stands out, but I expect it'll get dirty looking pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Mate rode the bike yesterday and commented he'd put grip puppies on to make the lower bars more comfortable. I thought wrapping them with gel racquet tape might work ok too.
Yes, I have the bike for 1 week now and also feel the grip diameter to be too small.
I have been told that I do not have the smallest hands, but this wrapping-way will for sure make it feel better.
I will use 2mm cork sheet cut to size and wrap it with some leather that I have left from a previous built.
I hope I can come to this this weekend.
Thanks for suggesting.

#17 ·
Are any of your grips heated? If so, does that still work with the tape or thicker material?

With these little-baby-diameter grips I tend to strangle them with the Grip of Death, very tiring. Something will happen to my grips this weekend – I own the bike already five days, and no mods yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.