Ooh, Shiny Farkles (9T Mod thread) - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 12-14-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Ooh, Shiny Farkles (9T Mod thread)

The weather sucks for riding so I've been trolling the internet. What do you know, some nice people in China were kind enough to send me a box of shiny things.

The plastic caps (oil filler, for example) in places bother me and, given the brushed aluminum/welded tank of our 9T, we've decided to embrace the brushed, natural metal look.

Before farkles:

After farkles:

PaiN likes this.

Bar risers, knurled seat bolt, canisterectomy, alum snorkel intake, titanium oil filler cap, aluminum frame caps, Wunderlich peg lowering kit, SW Motech mirror extenders, Sargent Storage Pod, Atlas Throttle Lock, leather grip wraps, Alien engine cover badge, Hornig rear hugger, T-Rex slider kit
post #2 of 40 Old 12-14-2016, 09:51 PM

Garage
It all matches very nicely.

What wheel choke do you have? I'm always on the hunt for the perfect one.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 40 Old 12-14-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The chock is a Wheeldock.

I originally was buying chocks for our trailer, and after a lot of research went with the Wheeldock. It has a number of advantages, including a flat entrance to the chock (no "up and over" like most of the competition), positive hydraulic pressure clamping the front tire in place, ease of mounting them in and out of the trailer (about 5 seconds once the mount points are installed in the trailer floor), and the fact that they work very well in the garage as well.

I really like having the bikes parked vertically.

Bar risers, knurled seat bolt, canisterectomy, alum snorkel intake, titanium oil filler cap, aluminum frame caps, Wunderlich peg lowering kit, SW Motech mirror extenders, Sargent Storage Pod, Atlas Throttle Lock, leather grip wraps, Alien engine cover badge, Hornig rear hugger, T-Rex slider kit

post #4 of 40 Old 12-15-2016, 12:54 AM

Garage
Thats really cool. I might buy it this summer. I like the quick release base for the trailer attachment. Great idea.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 40 Old 12-15-2016, 01:41 AM

Garage
Where can I order these parts or package?
post #6 of 40 Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 AM

Garage
yes that chock looks like the nicest I have ever seen.
but if it is the same price as a all other nice parts (over $300.) then I will stick with the $40.00 chocks that may need a bit of a push :-)

but those other pieces depending on the price :-) they look realy nice too.
post #7 of 40 Old 12-15-2016, 12:34 PM

Those parts look good but I don't put a lot of trust in things made in China. (Of course soon everything will be made in China so I had better get used to it.)

Is that your Toaster Tank in the background? Cool bike!

BMW R nineT
Porsche Cayman Black Edition
post #8 of 40 Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yes, all the shiny bits came from China, but none of them are load bearing in any way.

I'd provide links to eBay, but they'll expire, so here are the titles so people will be able to look them up via search:

BMW High Flow Bell Mouth Air Intake SILVER / R NINE T

It comes with a mesh screen, but I left it off.

BMW R NINET ENGINE OIL FILLER CAP Titanium GR5 / R NINE T

Now you need a hex key to get the oil cap off, rather than fingers like the OEM, but the key is provided and I just tucked it under the seat.

BMW R NINET Frame Insert Kit 13 Part - Silver / R NINE T

One of the pieces on the left side is blocked from mounting by the throttle body; someday I'll get around to pulling it to put it in. Not too important as, guess what, the throttle body blocks most of it from being seen anyway.

Yes, that's a toaster tank in the background, and its attached to a 1973 SWB /5.
seppieboy likes this.

post #9 of 40 Old 12-16-2016, 06:57 AM
MVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Spencer View Post
Those parts look good but I don't put a lot of trust in things made in China. (Of course soon everything will be made in China so I had better get used to it.)

Is that your Toaster Tank in the background? Cool bike!
Majority of the automated CNC machines are made in Germany and sold to Chinese manufacturers.
post #10 of 40 Old 12-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
Yes, that's a toaster tank in the background, and its attached to a 1973 SWB /5.
Nice! YEARS ago before I knew anything about BMW motorcycles, someone in my neighborhood was selling a toaster tank BMW at a decent, affordable price. I didn't know what it was so I passed. I often kick myself for missing out on that bike.

Enjoy your new bike and your new shinny stuff.

BMW R nineT
Porsche Cayman Black Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page