You really need 3 BMW's - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool You really need 3 BMW's

What I found out in the last weeks that you really need 3 BMW's...;-)
I wanted to go down to only 1 bike and got me a GS-ADV.Great bike that will pretty much tick all boxes and do it all but it is not very exiting.Probably the best motorcycle period but like a swiss army knife useful but not very exiting.To be exiting it needs more power.
A R1200R is almost as practical and a little more exiting because it is lighter but you really need a S1000XR that is a beast that just makes you laugh.Unfortunately it does not have a clean driveshaft and you have to mess with a chain.The S1000RR if you go racing or at least do trackdays.
And for something to love and look at with lots of character and soul you need the R9T.The modern interpretation of old school !
GS or R - XR or RR - R9T and you have all needs covered.
What I really want is a GS with 17 inch front-wheel and 150hp boxer - R1400XR
I probably would keep the R9T just to look at it and as a scratchpost for my cats...
That is how I see it.
post #2 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerlust View Post
I wanted to go down to only 1 bike and got me a GS-ADV.Great bike that will pretty much tick all boxes and do it all but it is not very exiting.Probably the best motorcycle period but like a swiss army knife useful but not very exiting.To be exiting it needs more power.
A R1200R is almost as practical and a little more exiting because it is lighter but you really need a S1000XR that is a beast that just makes you laugh.Unfortunately it does not have a clean driveshaft and you have to mess with a chain.The S1000RR if you go racing or at least do trackdays.
And for something to love and look at with lots of character and soul you need the R9T.The modern interpretation of old school !
I probably would keep the R9T just to look at it and as a scratchpost for my cats...
That is how I see it.
Put me down for one of them.

Most of my life, I drank beer, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I just wasted.
post #3 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM

Or, get a KTM Super Duke GT and get it all!
RS89 and MVA like this.

post #4 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 12:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerlust View Post
That is how I see it.
That's exactly what I figured out a couple years ago.
I love off roading the deserts with my son, so I got G650X Challenge - street legal, but best for off road.
For touring and mostly daily use I have K1200LT - I consider it still the best touring bike and most complete factory equipped (reverse gear, factory intercom / media, hydraulic center stand, heated seats and grips, integrated locks with alarm and best wind protection on the market)
And for the love of ownership and pleasure of customizing - the R8T. This bike is extremely fun to ride as well.

BJ
2015 R Nine T
2007 LT Storm Grey
2005 LT Gold (traded in for '07)
2007 G 650 Xchallenge
post #5 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjedruszczak View Post
And for the love of ownership and pleasure of customizing - the R8T. This bike is extremely fun to ride as well.
Is that a lightened version of the R9T?
post #6 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmike View Post
Is that a lightened version of the R9T?

That's funny. But for realsies, they should consider calling the Urban GS the R8T GS, after the bike it's stole it's look from.

- N8
post #7 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 PM

I have a S1000rr and a RNineT. Both very different bikes and enjoyable in their own right, but not good for long distance or hauling anything. I borrow my fathers GSA800 from time to time if I want to do longer trips. If I had all 3 in the garage it would be a dream quiver!
post #8 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM

Garage
I'm in a similar situation with the an S1KR and R9T Racer, and if there was a Genie granting me a wish for 1 more BMW bike in the garage (and somehow the room and the wife's understanding) I think some flavor of GS would probably be my choice. The 1200GS is probably too big for me, so maybe the F800GSA as well. Though, I am intrigued by the 310GS...
hermz likes this.
post #9 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 PM

Garage
I have 1 motorcycle, 1 dirt bike, 1 snowmobile. Me wants more. But no room in garage. Need to convert the kids room.
George Spencer likes this.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 25 Old 05-18-2017, 10:38 PM

I have two motorcycle, R ninet is a must is a character bike mainly for fun and customization.
GSA LC is my all round touring machine is smooth and reliable.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page