Only had it a week (9T Mods Thread) - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Only had it a week (9T Mods Thread)

And the Farkling has started. I saved a bit of cash in advance of buying the 9T as I am a bit impatient when it comes to mods, so collected last Saturday and have started the mods. Stripped bit's out ready for the arrival of parts, while some strange orange ball was glowing in the sky this weekend.

Mods to go on this weekend

Unit Garage Low Exhaust
Unit Garage Pannier and Bracket
Unit Garage Exhaust Hanger
Oberon R Nine T Bar End Mirrors
Rizoma Fox Tail Tidy
Tank Pads

I've removed the subframe as it will never have a passenger, but am keeping the "biposto" look and planning on a Unit Garage canvas seat when I've saved a bit more cash.

As I waved goodbye before heading to work on the RT on Sunday Shall continue the Farkling at the weekend when I get back.

Other mods as an when I think about them really, am thinking about a Daytona fairing and will eliminate the flapper valve (If I can find the tube from my old GSA TC in the garage), the Wind Blast does not bother me as I use the RT for work and touring and the 9T is for poops and giggles

Loving trawling through here at the moment and seeing what people are up to with theirs. (PS Anyone selling any X-Heads in the UK, drop me a line)
post #2 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Did you buy the Unit Garage gear in the Uk or from them direct. I'm looking forward to seeing parts fitted as I'm contemplating using them for my custom build.
Paul.
Fluffmeister likes this.
post #3 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Paul

I bought from a couple of sources, direct from Unit Garage, and from Moore Speed Racing in the UK.

The Pannier and Exhaust Hanger were cheaper to buy direct, the exhaust was cheaper from Moore Speed Racing (£50 cheaper)

Moore Speed carry Rizoma and Unit Garage spares and are good people to do business with. What I tend to do is have a look over Unit Garage, and add items to the basket because Unit Garage's website prices don't include VAT or Shipping. I add stuff to the basket, add UK shipping, let it calculate VAT and run it through XE - The World's Trusted Currency Authority to get a conversion to GBP, then check the prices at Moore Speed. Moore Speed's shipping is £8 for tracked delivery so easy enough to calculate.

I bought my Rizoma tail tidy from Moore Speed as they have been running a 10% Discount deal on Rizoma parts. It's a bit of a minefield, but so far I've saved just on £100 by shuffling between the two sites, which is IMHO a good thing

post #4 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Paul View Post
Did you buy the Unit Garage gear in the Uk or from them direct. I'm looking forward to seeing parts fitted as I'm contemplating using them for my custom build.
Paul.
Me too Paul.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!
Fluffmeister likes this.
post #5 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Look out for this weekend then Just waiting on the exhaust to land, everything else is in
post #6 of 55 Old 01-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the write up and information. Look forward to seeing the installed mods, especially interested in the UN1T exhaust.
Fluffmeister likes this.
post #7 of 55 Old 01-29-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
And the exhaust landed

post #8 of 55 Old 01-29-2016, 03:28 PM

... nice; is there a 'UNIT' sound bite somewhere? Reckon this is one of the coolest looking exhaust mods .... but does it improve anything else beyond looks too?
post #9 of 55 Old 01-29-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffmeister View Post
And the exhaust landed

Fluffmeister can you take a side shot of the bike showing the entire full profile of the bike from the exhaust side? I really like that silencer hanger, esp in black, is that from Unit Garage as well?
RichardR9T likes this.
post #10 of 55 Old 01-30-2016, 08:13 AM

Garage
Hi quick question about European VAT and the American :-)

If anyone from outside Europe orders from European company do we get charged
tax and VAT or just shipping? why an I asking?

because I was using XE and I looked up the silencer and its 498 Euros and 451 pounds
which is 539 or 650 in US dollars. but one said unit garage doesnt add the VAT till the end.
is that same for US customers? cause we have no VAT we just have plain simple highway robbery tax :-)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page