BMW NineT to be Shaft Driven - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
BMW NineT to be Shaft Driven

Notice in these spy shots, the NineT has a single sided swing and the lack of noticeable chain coupled with BMW History point directly to a shaft driven final.

Clearly the NineT is not going to be about performance as the single sided swing suffers from torsional differences between left and right, while the shaft drive adds additional unsprung weight.

But it does make sense for the NineT, which is after all a throw back to 90 years of BMW motorbike production, to show up shaft driven. The first bike BMW ever produced in 1923 the R32 was shaft driven....

post #2 of 4 Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 PM

I can't wait to see the Nine T in it's true form, possesing looks and performance back all the way to the 70's when they had the original R90s. The air cooled engine is as raw as it can get. After 90 years, what a bike to bring back. Retro styling with all the new technology.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
I can't wait to see the Nine T in it's true form, possesing looks and performance back all the way to the 70's when they had the original R90s. The air cooled engine is as raw as it can get. After 90 years, what a bike to bring back. Retro styling with all the new technology.
Me too but it seems like if you live in North America, seeing one any time soon won't happen. It might just start being released in European nations and eventually make it's way to NA.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-11-2013, 01:30 PM

interesting.. i'll be looking forward to hearing more on this topic. not familiar with shaft driven motorcycles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page