BMW NineT Forum banner

Let's try this again

5K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Iwe 
#1 ·
I picked up another 2016 R9T in aluminum finish (no weld this time). Doing it very similar with a few changes. I'll post pictures as parts go on it. I hope this one has better luck than the previous bike.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Insurance isn't through yet. I know it's totaled for sure so I went ahead and got a new one :) Unfortunately nothing is salvageable. Not even the Moto gadget cluster. I'm starting all over. I am doing different license plate setup and a little different clipons (adjustable). Different exhaust too. Other than that it will be built in the same direction like the first one.

#20 ·
Really nice bike!

What clip ons is that? Looking for something to swap the original bars with. Either clip ons or Rizoma MA006 bars.

Any thoughts on the riding position vs original. I´m 5 ft 9 and is worried it might be to low with clip ons.

Read your other post on your first bike... I´m on my second bike since may... Got hit from behind by a car and the bike didn't make it. So, like you, doing it all over again :)

#16 ·
I am glad your friend is alright but sometimes being nice can bite you. Your new bike is beautiful and because of you I'm thinking of changing out my Akro slip-on for yours-maybe stainless. I'm sure you have that smile back now. Well worth the price of admission. :motorcyle:

#24 ·
I'm going to declare that I don't have ABM clip-ons so this is merely an opinion based on lack of direct experience, but I'd be very suprised if the ABMs are anywhere close to the height of a stock handlebar. Probably about half way there at the very most.... The stock bars have a rise of 142mm from the handlebar clamp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.