• 3 Post By R9TP
  • 1 Post By geg1961
  • 2 Post By R9TP
  • 1 Post By alterbrett

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Pure pleasure

Anyone interested in discussing the Pure? I'm in the UK and have just bought a new one - wrote the details in the new members section. Previous bike was an RT.

It is the C model meaning a four part package of spoked wheels, chrome exhaust, LED indicators and heated grips. I also added the alarm and ASC.

Most of the discussion on the forum is about the Impure versions but is also relevant to the Pure. So probably there isn't a great amount to be said that is specific to the Pure alone but there might be a few points worth discussing.

One difference is the lack of a tach but I've found that contrary to some reports, BM is not offering an accessory tach for the P which I probably would have added if available.
I also bought a BM charger to plug into the stock socket.
huntsman, sir.tooby and changohot like this.
post #2 of 8 Old 04-16-2017, 02:17 PM

I recently purchased a Pure also. Aluminum tank, ASC, heated grips. I'm in love with it. I have a fancy things tail tidy ordered and some Oberon adjustable bar end mirrors ordered. Will try and post a pic once I get those items installed. Should make for a relatively unique R Nine T all things considered. Love the smooth power train and exhaust of this bike. I had a Honda CB1000R a few years back and this thing blows it out of the water. I chose the Pure mostly on an appearance basis because I liked the cast wheels and silver forks paired with the aluminum tank. It just grabbed me.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Had my pure c for a couple of weeks now, love it, so much fun compared to the k1300r that i traded in. bought a link pipe from SP engineering in Somerset so i can fit any 2 inch bore can, great company ordered on friday afternoon arrived saturday morning. Going on a euro tour in june so may have to do something with the seat, is the scrambler seat more comfy? or possibly a tourtech air pad. also need a bracket to relocate the indicators further back.
alterbrett likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-17-2017, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Pure and unfarkled
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116 (320x240) (320x240).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	76698  
alterbrett and coffeeguy like this.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 01:20 AM

Here is a pic of my Pure after I put the Oberon adjustable bar end mirrors on. Ordered from Revival Cycles and they got me what I desired quick. I am usually a guy that leaves things stock but man those stock mirrors just didn't fit the bill IMO. The Oberon's with their all metal construction are obviously a well made product. Have a Fancy Bike Things tail tidy on its way and then I should be set for a while. Love this bike!
Dodo likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Very nice bike, love that aluminium tank. I'm a stocker too though might have gone for that tank but it's really dear at about 1,000 here in the UK. I expect they don't exactly give it away in the US either.

Only thing I've done is fit one of those hand knurled bolts to replace the original seat retaining bolt that requires a torx tool to use. Silly money for a lousy bolt at about $19.50 from China but it's an improvement over the original. And hey, they include a washer and a spring washer!
post #7 of 8 Old 04-22-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9TP View Post
Very nice bike, love that aluminium tank. I'm a stocker too though might have gone for that tank but it's really dear at about 1,000 here in the UK. I expect they don't exactly give it away in the US either.

Only thing I've done is fit one of those hand knurled bolts to replace the original seat retaining bolt that requires a torx tool to use. Silly money for a lousy bolt at about $19.50 from China but it's an improvement over the original. And hey, they include a washer and a spring washer!

Thanks! Once I saw this bike I had to have it. They are truly amazing machines. I don't anticipate letting go of it anytime soon. The more time that goes on the more I get attached to it.
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 01:22 PM

Fancy Bike Thing tail tidy installed. Really like this look

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page