BMW NineT Forum banner

2014 BMW R NineT Release In Spring With MSRP Of $16,200

13K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  NineTJoe 
#1 ·
Not sure how official this pricing for the new 2014 BMW R NineT is but i read from an article this morning that it will be release early spring with an MSRP of $16,200.

what do you guys think of the price are they asking too much or is it fair?

to me I think the price is reasonable, the only concern I have is the availability at the time of the release. With the add options I am going to guess we will leave the door paying close to $19,000. Better put your deposits down guys ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
Being a BMW I expected it to be around that price, and frankly BMW bikes hold their value really well. That, and being such a unique design demand will be so high that you can't really go wrong, even if you buy it, ride it a season and then find it another home.

#6 ·
Not sure what I was thinking but 16K... Ouch. Yes if you add up options. Carbon Fiber anything $800-$1200 (Ft Fender & Cover), $1200 for exhaust, plus $500 for the long connector pipe, $300 for the cowl cover, $400 for the "custom NineT seat".

**All numbers above were pulled out of my butt just now. But should give some idea of what we are going to spend going with MFG options.

#10 ·
Bike prices in Europe have to be all inclusive ie 'on the road' . A breakdown of costing can be shown but there must be a 'bottom line' price displayed. Prices in the UK should mirror the rest of the EU but often bear no resemblance to USA pricing due to this bigger market being more competetive (allegedly). If it's true the USA price is $16,200 then it's a fair bet that the price in sterling or Euros will be more than the £11,000 ish conversion at current exchange rates (sigh). I wait with baited breath to see how much my new bike will cost. No doubt this will be announced at the Autumn bike shows. I guess my first view will be at the NEC in November as I can't make the Milan show.

Paul

#22 ·
They're unrealistic. The R12R is $14.1. A more exclusive version with some limited production parts should cost more, and I was hoping it would be $15+, not 16.

But Boxers have never been a great value.

#24 ·
My concern is paying 16.2 and then having to pay for all the add-ons and you end up with a bunch of stuff on shelves in the garage. As a "blank canvas" I would love to see the bike sold without an exhaust or seat or front fender and you build the bike as you like.

Reactions: M&M
#25 ·
That is always an issue with doing a lot of mods to a bike. Buyers give you little or no (and if your mods are strange, possibly a deduct) at resale time and your take offs aren't worth much either. As far as dealers selling a bike without a seat...that would make a lot of product liability attorneys drool.

#26 ·
This is true when you have lots of add ons and modifications it might even push potential buyers away. They might think it was abused or even a tracked motorcycle depending on the kinds of mods of course. Most of the time you will never get your money back for them unless you part them out seperately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.