AC Schnitzer Exhaust Install Questions - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-16-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
DrJ

(Thread Starter)
AC Schnitzer Exhaust Install Questions

I own a 2014 model and just bought the AC Schnitzer exhaust (my bike has only 3,200 miles). I intend to keep the stock headers and DB killer in place (no changes other than the new exhaust) and was wondering if anyone in the forum could answer the following questions:

(i) In case you installed the AC Schnitzer exhaust with the stock headers, is a remap necessary or is this just a "plug and play" job?

(ii) Is this a job one can do in his/her garage or one must have a pro do it (dealer?). If the latter, how much did they charge you? (I live in the U.S.)

Any info will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
--DrJ

2015 KTM 350 EXC-F (current)
2014 BMW RNineT (current)

1988 Honda XLX 350 (sold)
1985 Honda XLR 250 (sold)
1985 Honda Shadow 750 (sold)
[/SIZE]
post #2 of 15 Old 04-16-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
I own a 2014 model and just bought the AC Schnitzer exhaust (my bike has only 3,200 miles). I intend to keep the stock headers and DB killer in place (no changes other than the new exhaust) and was wondering if anyone in the forum could answer the following questions:

(i) In case you installed the AC Schnitzer exhaust with the stock headers, is a remap necessary or is this just a "plug and play" job?

(ii) Is this a job one can do in his/her garage or one must have a pro do it (dealer?). If the latter, how much did they charge you? (I live in the U.S.)

Best,
--DrJ
i) if you are keeping OEM headers and CAT then no remap required. In essence what you are doing is no different from the official optional akrapovic end can offered by BMW Motorrad and there is no re-map for that.

ii) so long as you have the right sized torx head sockets then it is an easy job to be completed in your garage at home.

I considered the AC Schnitzer end can suits the R9T well IMHO, but got the Akra instead.

Enjoy the mod.

DC
post #3 of 15 Old 04-16-2017, 12:29 PM

Garage
Quote:

Best,
--DrJ
I just visited their website and the exhaust is a standard slip-on exhaust. This is a DIY project and all you need to do is loosen up the clamp on the exhaust side of the DB killer and pull off the old one and slide on the new. I can't speak for the remapping but I don't think you'll need to.

"Bald men rule!"

post #4 of 15 Old 04-16-2017, 12:35 PM

I agree that fitment is well within the owner's capabilities.

As said, no remap is needed if the standard header pipes are being retained, but I do feel the bike would benefit from the addition of a Booster Plug, but it's not essential, only preferential.
BaldyDave likes this.

You can take a guy away from the race, but you can never take the race away from the guy!
post #5 of 15 Old 04-18-2017, 12:53 PM

Garage
I have the Schnitzer Exhaust

I have the exhaust on my bike. It's a very easy install. The fit is excellent, very close to the original.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM

It took me 20 mins to fit the AC Schnitzer slip-on, very straight forward and no hassle at all.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-18-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
DrJ

(Thread Starter)
Thank you all (Zanderk, rsenatro, Gambo916 (my favorite F1 Helmet), Spoon, JerseyR9T) for the responses. I am now confident I can do the job. Will provide pictures during the weekend.

[/SIZE]
post #8 of 15 Old 04-18-2017, 11:21 PM

stupid question, can someone tell me where can i buy ac schitzer exhaust ? looked on a few web sites but do not see a " buy " button

thanks in advance !
post #9 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
DrJ

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allim View Post
stupid question, can someone tell me where can i buy ac schitzer exhaust ? looked on a few web sites but do not see a " buy " button

thanks in advance !
Here's one: https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.c...st-RnineT.html
--Note that the value added tax will be removed once you enter your address

You can also find it on eBay at times from EVOKT (not currently).

Another option is to contact the U.S. Sales Rep for AC Schnitzer in the US, whose name and contact info have been mentioned in other threads (e.g., thread on AC Schnitzer ACS wheels).

[/SIZE]
post #10 of 15 Old 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Here's one: https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.c...st-RnineT.html
--Note that the value added tax will be removed once you enter your address

You can also find it on eBay at times from EVOKT (not currently).

Another option is to contact the U.S. Sales Rep for AC Schnitzer in the US, whose name and contact info have been mentioned in other threads (e.g., thread on AC Schnitzer ACS wheels).
Quote:
Originally Posted by allim View Post

thanks in advance !
You may want to go to EBay first and check EVOKT like the good Dr. suggested. Prices seem to be lower on EBay than the manufacturers site.

"Bald men rule!"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page