Stuff You Shouldn't Post in Someones Market Place Ad - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 128 Old 09-24-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Stuff You Shouldn't Post in Someones Market Place Ad

Here's where punted posts from the Market Place shall reside, if you find you posts here maybe it's time to read up on the Market Place guidelines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lost Rider; 06-26-2015 at 12:02 PM.
post #2 of 128 Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 PM

Garage
Things you should not post in someones For Sale Ad...

I had one of these, and sent it back, as it didn't fit properly. One side did not seat properly in the axle.

Last edited by Lost Rider; 04-27-2015 at 08:48 AM.
post #3 of 128 Old 04-27-2015, 12:16 PM

IMHO This is an example of a post that should not be punted. If the slider is improperly designed potential buyers should be made aware. In fact the seller has responded that his slider does not fit perfectly...

RobertVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
I had one of these, and sent it back, as it didn't fit properly. One side did not seat properly in the axle.
Jungle likes this.

16 Aprilia Tuono Factory - Full Akrapovic Titanium Race exhaust, forged rims.
14 BMW R nineT - in my d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶ garage! Full Ohlins front and rear, Kineo wheels, Magura HC1 Master Cylinders...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11 BMW S1000RR - Akrapovic full titanium exhaust, Ohlins TTX rear shock...

05 ST4S - BST carbon fiber wheels, Full carbon fiber bodywork, DP carbon fiber pipes, 996 cams, lightened flywheel, Brembo 4 piston/pad calipers, Brembo GP master cylinders, Brembo HP Rotors, 15/42 520 conversion...

post #4 of 128 Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertVp View Post
IMHO This is an example of a post that should not be punted. If the slider is improperly designed potential buyers should be made aware. In fact the seller has responded that his slider does not fit perfectly...

RobertVP

If the product has a defect it's up to the seller to disclose that, due diligence on a product someone is buying is the buyers responsibility, not the seller and especially not anyone else in a persons for sale ad.
How would you feel if you were trying to sell something and people could just come in YOUR thread to post negative remarks about something you are selling?
Most things on motorcycles are subjective, products are not always exactly the same, etc, etc.
For sale ads are strictly for a member to sell something and someone interested in buying it to ask questions.

We have to be consistent with our guidelines regardless of the content or intention of the post that get punted. Posting in someones FS ad with an opinion about the product is not how the Market Place here and on many forums work.

Take a look at the punted posts from the Market on ADVrider, all 327 pages of it...
ADVrider

post #5 of 128 Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM

Garage
Whatever works. I think part of a forum's benefit is to make us all aware of the good stuff, and stuff that doesn't work. Fact is, the OD of the slider on the left side is too large to fit the ID of the axle, so I sent it back. Wunderlich refunded my purchase. This was a year ago. Who knows, maybe they have fixed the issue. The right side fit fine.
post #6 of 128 Old 04-27-2015, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
Whatever works. I think part of a forum's benefit is to make us all aware of the good stuff, and stuff that doesn't work. Fact is, the OD of the slider on the left side is too large to fit the ID of the axle, so I sent it back. Wunderlich refunded my purchase. This was a year ago. Who knows, maybe they have fixed the issue. The right side fit fine.
Like how other aspects of the forum guidelines are taking obvious positive shape, I'll give more insight into why we are doing things because we want everyone to understand there's reason behind what we are trying to accomplish here.
I will elaborate so people will hopefully understand clearly, it's not a debate and we don't want a debate in here every time we enforce the clearly stated guidelines. We understand that we can't make everyone happy, but the overall health and happiness of the forum is our main goal.

Exactly as you said, who knows if they changed the design since you bought yours, it's up to the buyer to research what he is buying, ask the seller when it was made, ask the manufacturer if designs have changed, maybe ask folks on the forum how the product works for them in an appropriate thread.
Research your purchase.
That is certainly part of the forum benefits and why we ask people to be specific in wording their thread titles, or posting their experiences, on topic, in the forum. So people looking for specific info can find it. I searched around, like I would if I was looking to buy these sliders and here's the only post of yours I found, which hardly gives a whole lot of insight into your experience .
No big deal, but if people want to really help the forum, not after the fact and personal, then use keywords with product specific names and post up in a new or established thread about your experiences with a product. Maybe you posted more about it, but if the search box didn't find it for me then it won't for anyone else.

For sale threads are in their own league if you will, moderated tighter, sacred to the seller and potential buyers for all.
It's not you job or anyone elses to give your opinion, even if you owned the same product and didn't like it - in a For Sale Thread.

Period.

While in this specific circumstance the OP acknowledged that the fit wasn't perfect, he stated that it still worked just fine.
Obviously either his product was different than yours (from a year ago) or his OPINION about what is acceptable is different than yours.

Get it?

You potentially sabotaged his sale, and while I don't think you did so maliciously it still could be interpreted that way, especially from the sellers point of view.
That's not your place since you don't have first hand knowledge of what HIS product is like, only YOURS. If you were so inclined you could be politically correct and ask the seller a question you think you already know the answer to... and then let it go.
Not every product with the same name is equal, and in the technical or general forum is the correct place to share your views, not the Market.

He has stated that it works just fine after the fact, which as an established member of the forum there's no reason not to believe him. Plus, he's selling it for less than you paid brand new, so how's it your business to stir HIS pot?

A fair marketplace, where the titles are informative, the posts are complete with pertinent details and the seller has no fear of listing their stuff without a bunch of people slagging them with their OPINION about products just makes for a much healthier marketplace for all of us. More people put stuff up for sale, more people get discounted things they are looking for, less Moderation needed so we can focus on other things, like riding... mo' better for all.

Now, in my personal opinion, sellers should be morally obligated to disclose details if a product is faulty. But, I know I have sold things I wasn't completely happy with and left out why I did't want to keep it.
It's not mine or any Mods job to do all the research to see if what they are posting is correct, or if the product has a flaw, or if it has been redesigned.
That's why I say we (mods) have to be consistent in the actions of enforcing the guidelines of not allowing ANY off topic OPINIONS to be posted in FS threads.

You and others might be looking this as one specific instance and your personal view on one specific product or one specific Mod action, we are looking this at not one thing in particular but in how to enforce the guidelines fairly and consistently to everyone, for the long haul in this forum.

Big picture going on here...

Last edited by Lost Rider; 04-27-2015 at 11:03 PM.
post #7 of 128 Old 04-28-2015, 04:44 PM

If it is a subjective - "I don't like that color, I think these are better" - I would not appreciate it.

Maybe it's just me, but I would be extremely grateful to find out if I was trying to sell something defective. I'd rather be stuck with something defective as opposed to foisting it off on someone else - I think that is the honest thing to do. BTW I am not making a judgement on the seller.

The opinion on this item was not subjective - it doesn't fit as a result of a design flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

snip...
How would you feel if you were trying to sell something and people could just come in YOUR thread to post negative remarks about something you are selling?
...snip
Jungle likes this.

16 Aprilia Tuono Factory - Full Akrapovic Titanium Race exhaust, forged rims.
14 BMW R nineT - in my d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶ garage! Full Ohlins front and rear, Kineo wheels, Magura HC1 Master Cylinders...

11 BMW S1000RR - Akrapovic full titanium exhaust, Ohlins TTX rear shock...

05 ST4S - BST carbon fiber wheels, Full carbon fiber bodywork, DP carbon fiber pipes, 996 cams, lightened flywheel, Brembo 4 piston/pad calipers, Brembo GP master cylinders, Brembo HP Rotors, 15/42 520 conversion...
post #8 of 128 Old 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM

crap from market place

eBay will be your friend for this transaction ,although I didn't get one bite when I tried mine on UK eBay , but glwts
Personally I'd keep them for when you move on from the 9T (if ever) and sell your aftermarket rims on here .

Don't delay do it today
post #9 of 128 Old 06-12-2015, 05:40 PM

I sold mine on eBay to a R1200R owner. perhaps try their forum.

9T Sold May 2017

Remus Headers, Kineo wheels, Matris Suspension, BoosterPlug, Rizoma+

Retired in past decade: R1150GS, R1200GSA (2006), R1200GSA(2009), R1200GS(2015), Husqvarna SM610, Yamaha WR420
post #10 of 128 Old 06-13-2015, 10:07 AM

Good example of what NOT to post in someones for sale ad...

Robbyvm
Give rkevwill a shout on your boots as he's just got the ride that'll suit them

Don't delay do it today

Last edited by Lost Rider; 06-16-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page