Factory Lowered Suspension - BMW NineT Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Factory Lowered Suspension

Stopped by my local dealer today to check out the R Nine T Pure

Got on it and noticed it was much lower, thought it was just this version, but the Options Label said
"Lowered Suspension $250.00"

Wasn't aware of this option.
Anyone know exactly what it entails (dealer didn't)

Like the seating position much more
post #2 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 06:49 AM

I did see an adjustable "arm" that replaces the one on top of the drive shaft arm that seems to set up the seat height. It might be on the Wunderluch site? It was more than $250 if my memory serves me correctly.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Garage
Could be the rear shock. I know Wilbers puts out a "lowered" shock, maybe there's an OEM version. Not to get off subject, but would there be any or what are the advantages to lowering the suspension on the bike; does anyone have an answer?

"Bald men rule!"

Last edited by Spoon; 04-18-2017 at 08:49 AM.

post #4 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dealer said he'd have to order it that way ???

Spoon, the seat height is one reason, I prefer it that way much more.
Was noticable, not slight
post #5 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc007 View Post
Dealer said he'd have to order it that way ???

Spoon, the seat height is one reason, I prefer it that way much more.
Was noticable, not slight
Rickc007,

I get your situation, there were some unknown variables like your seat. I'm looking more towards a performance aspect. Does lowering the bike either fore or aft or all around help in handling? Would this be a possible mod to look into?

"Bald men rule!"
post #6 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 03:24 PM

Garage
I would not purchase from that dealership.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 04:06 PM

From Wunderluch America...this was the part I mentioned above:

Vario Paralever Arm

Chassis tuning to a very high standard. This adjustable Paralever torque arm allows you to adjust the ride height of your motorcycle while simultaneously changing the handling characteristics of your bike in a very easy and simple manner. Depending on the setting, the bike becomes a nimble curve bandit or alternatively a solid and stable highway tourer. Raising the rear end, steepens the steering angle and results is sharper steering. Lowering the rear end has the opposite effect and makes the bike less twitchy and more stable. Riders seeking to lower their seat height will find that this part can offer enough to make a noticeable difference.

This is done with an easy to operate eccentric adjustment and laser-engraved setting scales. An eccentric is installed in the rear attachment point, which can be used to set the Paralever torque arm within an adjustment range of 14 mm:

-short (-7 mm): for maximum suspension flexibility (motorcycle is lowered)
-middle (0 mm): original length (motorcycle height unchanged)
-long (+7 mm): for maximum tracking stability (motorcycle is raised)

With this part, the original stamped steel strut is replaced and the already unique ParaLever takes on a high tech, yet elegant appearance plus gains in usefulness due to the added adjustability.

A technical eye-catcher with unheard of dynamic properties. Precision machined from solid aluminum, titanium anodized torque arm, with blue anodized adjustment eccentric and laser-engraved scales.

With TV approval and all required fitting parts. Made in Germany.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 08:26 PM
MVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Could be the rear shock. I know Wilbers puts out a "lowered" shock, maybe there's an OEM version. Not to get off subject, but would there be any or what are the advantages to lowering the suspension on the bike; does anyone have an answer?
People who are short in stature can place both feet on the ground. The downside of a lowered rear is the bike will not turn as quickly and have a lower ground clearance, aka chopper/bobber ride. You also need more effort to control the bike especially in higher speed SS or flip flop right /left corners. The bike will generally feel sluggish to turn in overall. Front and rear needs to be lowered accordingly.

I'm 170cm tall and I actually raise the rear on the Wilbers rear shock for better / sharper turn in. On my MV the seat is 830mm tall and I'm tip toe at the lights.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 08:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post
People who are short in stature can place both feet on the ground. The downside of a lowered rear is the bike will not turn as quickly and have a lower ground clearance, aka chopper/bobber ride. You also need more effort to control the bike especially in higher speed SS or flip flop right /left corners. The bike will generally feel sluggish to turn in overall. Front and rear needs to be lowered accordingly.

I'm 170cm tall and I actually raise the rear on the Wilbers rear shock for better / sharper turn in. On my MV the seat is 830mm tall and I'm tip toe at the lights.
MVA,

I am interested in fitting the Wilbers 642 Nightline shock. The shocks come in raised 25mm, OEM height and lowered 25mm. I'm also looking at the Wunderlich Vario Paralever Arm which is touted to either raise or lower the suspension. I've read where by raising the rear you improve turn-in and the handling is sharper. What are your thoughts; am I trying to do too much?

"Bald men rule!"
post #10 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 10:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
MVA,

I am interested in fitting the Wilbers 642 Nightline shock. The shocks come in raised 25mm, OEM height and lowered 25mm. I'm also looking at the Wunderlich Vario Paralever Arm which is touted to either raise or lower the suspension. I've read where by raising the rear you improve turn-in and the handling is sharper. What are your thoughts; am I trying to do too much?
I just lowered my triple clamp on the fork by one line making the front a few mm lower.

Haulbikes.com SUCKS - Beware

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page