BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good job @EgeWorks . One question. Original exahust muffler don't fit properly with left bag? I see your exahust is shorter/lower? Did you have to remove it for this reason? Thank you.
Hey Lelc2 - that's right, with the standard muffler they won't fit with the 'symetrical' bracket provided. I'd already swapped to the shorty beforehand, so no issues for me, but you'd have to consider this. I measured VERY carefully before purchasing!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey Lelc2 - that's right, with the standard muffler they won't fit with the 'symetrical' bracket provided. I'd already swapped to the shorty beforehand, so no issues for me, but you'd have to consider this. I measured VERY carefully before purchasing!
Ohh!!! What a pity. According to unit garage web symetric is compatible with Pure/Ugs exhaust...I guess it was correct... Probably unit mistook in this??? I ask them to check. Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ohh!!! What a pity. According to unit garage web symetric is compatible with Pure/Ugs exhaust...I guess it was correct... Probably unit mistook in this??? I ask them to check. Thank you
Please share if they answer. I am trying to sort out luggage options for a UGS and was planning to go with these unit garage bags with symetric frame, since they said it would work. They even specifically say UGS with low or high exhaust.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Please share if they answer. I am trying to sort out luggage options for a UGS and was planning to go with these unit garage bags with symetric frame, since they said it would work. They even specifically say UGS with low or high exhaust.
They said to me that low original exhaust ( Pure, UGS, Racer) fits properly. Even turn signals are ok.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They said to me that low original exhaust ( Pure, UGS, Racer) fits properly. Even turn signals are ok.
After I asked you, I asked Unit Garage directly. They said the one I asked about could only fit with low exhaust, but that a different one would fit with high exhaust. Basically, the alternate is not symmetrical, the left side extends a bit further, past the exhaust. I'm not sure what to think about that but it's an option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
After I asked you, I asked Unit Garage directly. They said the one I asked about could only fit with low exhaust, but that a different one would fit with high exhaust. Basically, the alternate is not symmetrical, the left side extends a bit further, past the exhaust. I'm not sure what to think about that but it's an option.
Hi Ric,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the non-symmetrical one would fit OK. Also, maybe clarify with them when they say 'low exhaust' will be fine that they aren't referring to their own custom 'low exhaust' rather than the stock low exhaust. I reckon it'd be pretty tight if it did fit, and probably hot exhaust right onto what is essentially rubber/plastic of the bag would reduce its life.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally fully out of lockdown here in Vic AU so I was able to give the 'touring package' a workout.
Cloud Tire Sky Plant Plant community

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

The dam in the background is the Thompson River Dam - link here.

There was quite a bit of dirt road, which was pretty sketchy to say the least, pot holes the size of - well big enough to bottom out the suspension and totally flatten my license plate holder. That was at least the only casualty:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Fog rolling out here this morning:
Water Plant Cloud Ecoregion Mountain

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,353 Posts
Beautiful photos. Thanks for the links to your locations, it gives someone like myself a better glimpse into the fantastic locations you're riding to.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts