BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
After a LOT of persistence I was able to obtain a rev counter for the 2017 Pure. I am waiting on the dual bracket, the inside plastic alignment thing, screws, etc. These should arrive next week. I have already looked under the tank and the cable for the rev counter is there cable tied to the frame. Looks to be plug-and-play! I will let everyone know how the install goes when I get the parts to put it on as I know there are a lot of people who would like to add the rev counter.

Cheers!

El Jefe

****MODERATOR EDIT*****

If any member is going to be adding a rev counter please see the post linked to below. It appears if you do the install incorrectly there can be safety concerns re the brake lines.

https://www.ninetowners.com/forum/electronics/119362-2017-pure-scrambler-ugs-add-rev-counter-8.html#post1030905

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rev counter looks to be excellent quality. I will know more when I go to install it - hopefully next week when the bracket, etc. comes in. I will take pics!

El Jefe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's pics of the installed rev counter on the 2017 R9T Pure. Note, it was a REALLY EASY installation. The cabling for the rev counter is under the tank zip-tied to the frame. The rev counter, bracket, etc. can be ordered from BMW. I ordered the parts for an R9T and did not specify the Pure model. All parts fitted in about a half an hour without any hangups. It was plug and play. All functions work.

I am very happy with the result!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After tax and everything (really hate nearly 10% tax)... total price was just a bit shy of $600.00 US.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the parts that I ordered:

46638558379 - Holder (This is the bracket that holds both gauges)
62118564506 - Revolution Counter
46638527780 - Screw M5x20/K53 Shield (you will need 2 of these)
46638521655 - Body Screw with Shoulder (you will need 2 of these)
62118558858 - Bracket F Instrument Cluster
62118567597 - Trim Panel Instruments Combi (This is the housing for the gauge - note that I chose the same housing as what is used for the speedometer - black. You can get a chrome one.
64226916475 - Countersunk Head Screw (you will need 1 of these)
62118356970 - Grommet (you will need 2 of these)

Hope this helps everyone!

El Jefe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here are the parts that I ordered:

46638558379 - Holder (This is the bracket that holds both gauges)
62118564506 - Revolution Counter
46638527780 - Screw M5x20/K53 Shield (you will need 2 of these)
46638521655 - Body Screw with Shoulder (you will need 2 of these)
62118558858 - Bracket F Instrument Cluster
62118567597 - Trim Panel Instruments Combi (This is the housing for the gauge - note that I chose the same housing as what is used for the speedometer - black. You can get a chrome one.
64226916475 - Countersunk Head Screw (you will need 1 of these)
62118356970 - Grommet (you will need 2 of these)

Hope this helps everyone!

El Jefe
Thanks! Looks great by the way!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here's pics of the installed rev counter on the 2017 R9T Pure. Note, it was a REALLY EASY installation. The cabling for the rev counter is under the tank zip-tied to the frame. The rev counter, bracket, etc. can be ordered from BMW. I ordered the parts for an R9T and did not specify the Pure model. All parts fitted in about a half an hour without any hangups. It was plug and play. All functions work.

I am very happy with the result!
When you say all the functions work.? What is in the display of the rev counter.?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Gear - always displayed (Nice)
2. Current fuel consumption
3. Average fuel consumption
4. The date
5. Riding time
6. Voltage (Use this one the most)

Functions are available via the same switch that you use to go through the functions on the speedometer. You simply push down instead of up to go through the functions on the rev counter. Also, when using the SETUP to adjust the brightness of the speedometer, it will adjust both.

To me, it just completes the front end. I have always liked having a rev counter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1. Gear - always displayed (Nice)
2. Current fuel consumption
3. Average fuel consumption
4. The date
5. Riding time
6. Voltage (Use this one the most)

Functions are available via the same switch that you use to go through the functions on the speedometer. You simply push down instead of up to go through the functions on the rev counter. Also, when using the SETUP to adjust the brightness of the speedometer, it will adjust both.

To me, it just completes the front end. I have always liked having a rev counter.
Forgot to ask you where / how you were able to get your hands on this stuff? Online, dealership? Thanks again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to my dealer South Sound Motorcycles in Tacoma, WA. Between Brendan (GM) and the parts staff (great people) we were able to sort it out.

I also believe that you could order them online.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Good to hear they hooked you up at South Sound Motorcycles. I have a Rev Counter on order myself and I'm sure they used your parts list to order mine. Good to know how easy it is to install since they tried to convince me to pay them to do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ElJefe, you have a sales rep you worked with there? My local told me "there is no rev counter available". Hoping maybe I can convince your guy to order and ship to CO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Call 1-800-303-1838 and ask for Jeff in Parts but really all three of them will help you. Tell them that 'Tim' sent you!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Parts finally turned up - Bahnstormer Alton [UK] - excellent service.

Dials look fantastic though unconvinced the rev counter adds to the riding experience - gear indicator is a distraction.

After 12 months with just the speedo I'd got used to knowing which gear I was in by the speed and engine note.

Would I go back to the single dial? Not a chance - the pair look too good.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
ElJefe, thanks this is awesome, I was just about to buy a shift light setup and try to integrate it into the dash but this is soo much better and the extra ECU info is just gravy.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts