BMW NineT Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
look here

I just had to cut a zip tie and had plenty of slack, easy really.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, today I lifted the Tank again to have a closer look if I can get more slack out of the cable.... And the result is a nono.... the Pic below shows the end of the cable, where the cable connects to the main loom... --
unless you guys decided to unwrap that.... I have no idea why mine seems to be different to others?! Seems my only option now is to extend the 3 core cable to make it long enough......

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's really strange, EVERYONE else including myself has just had to snip a zip tie....

Have you plugged it into your tach? is it definitely the right connector? (sounds like a silly question i know but there is a second plug under there IIRC)

I just looked at the install video and at 2.20 it shows the plug close up and it looks the same as yours, so i have no answer....

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's really strange, EVERYONE else including myself has just had to snip a zip tie....

Have you plugged it into your tach? is it definitely the right connector? (sounds like a silly question i know but there is a second plug under there IIRC)

I just looked at the install video and at 2.20 it shows the plug close up and it looks the same as yours, so i have no answer....

Yeah I tried the plug and the tacho works fine with it... just have to hold it in my right hand when riding haha.
I decided to cut the cable and extend it some 20 cm, that will give me enough length to play with....
Its really odd though that it is too short.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Patrolus, did you buy a used RnineT?
Reason I am asking is that the insulation tape used does not look OEM.
Normally that sticky material tape is used, don't know the correct name.
Could be that the rest of the wiring for the Rev counter was taped up with the wiring loom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Patrolus, did you buy a used RnineT?
Reason I am asking is that the insulation tape used does not look OEM.
Normally that sticky material tape is used, don't know the correct name.
Could be that the rest of the wiring for the Rev counter was taped up with the wiring loom.
That would explain it !! - Yes she is used , and BMW fixed an electrical problem under warranty (none of the switches on the left side didn't work ).... Now it all makes sense ! - I also noticed a little mark in the black wrapping where the airfilter is.. seems they struggled to get the airfilter out....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone I'm a bit confuse on the ref for the holder on a scrambler could you please let me know which ref is the correct one 46638558379 or 77318558093 ?
Thanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
596 Posts
Hey CVNine T,

I added the BMW rev counter to my Pure, and the bracket I used was 46638558379.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That would explain it !! - Yes she is used , and BMW fixed an electrical problem under warranty (none of the switches on the left side didn't work ).... Now it all makes sense ! - I also noticed a little mark in the black wrapping where the airfilter is.. seems they struggled to get the airfilter out....
How did you go?
was that your issue mate?

141 - 149 of 149 Posts