BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently bought a 2018 r nine t pure In the catalano grey (I believe is what it’s called). First thing I want to buy is the rear seat cover/hump. Who knows the best company/website for quality and if possible colour matched. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
506 Posts
Hey I recently bought a 2018 r nine t pure In the catalano grey (I believe is what it’s called). First thing I want to buy is the rear seat cover/hump. Who knows the best company/website for quality and if possible colour matched. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum Kalamcowden, Please consider posting an introduction in the new members section.

I have a Pure and I used DK Design for my tail hump because it color matches perfectly. However, it's not as inexpensive as other non-OEM humps are going to be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Ray, I like the Dakar Design (DK) option but have held back because of customs and duties. I see you are in a US location: what was the additional costs to get the hump through customs?

·
Super Moderator
506 Posts
Hi Ray, I like the Dakar Design (DK) option but have held back because of customs and duties. I see you are in a US location: what was the additional costs to get the hump through customs?
||||@|||| - When I got mine last summer (through Instagram) DK was advertising it with free shipping. I would try reaching out to them through their US Instagram account, they are very responsive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Free shipping would be nice. sigh Missed that, though. I take from your answer that customs wasn’t an issue so I pulled the trigger. ($30 express shipping is the only option now)

Thanks for the reply!

-Phil

||||@|||| - When I got mine last summer (through Instagram) DK was advertising it with free shipping. I would try reaching out to them through their US Instagram account, they are very responsive.

·
Super Moderator
506 Posts
||||@||||

Hey, I just remembered that I trimmed out this tail hump with a rubber trim piece (U shaped) to clean up the looks. I have some left, so let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
R9t Pure
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kalamcowden, Please consider posting an introduction in the new members section.

I have a Pure and I used DK Design for my tail hump because it color matches perfectly. However, it's not as inexpensive as other non-OEM humps are going to be.

View attachment 129252

Love it, but I'm more interested in your tail tidy. Is that by daedalus?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for my late reply! (Just noticed your post)

Is the a “U” channel rubber trim piece? If so, where is your nearest Starbux? (Code for what exit are you off)(Which is code for... you know)

||||@||||

Hey, I just remembered that I trimmed out this tail hump with a rubber trim piece (U shaped) to clean up the looks. I have some left, so let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
||||@||||

Funnily enough, mine was a bit worn/damaged, so I replaced it with something thicker (5mm). Trouble is, I had to buy a 5m roll!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts