BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently bought a 2018 r nine t pure In the catalano grey (I believe is what it’s called). First thing I want to buy is the rear seat cover/hump. Who knows the best company/website for quality and if possible colour matched. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
Hey I recently bought a 2018 r nine t pure In the catalano grey (I believe is what it’s called). First thing I want to buy is the rear seat cover/hump. Who knows the best company/website for quality and if possible colour matched. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum Kalamcowden, Please consider posting an introduction in the new members section.

I have a Pure and I used DK Design for my tail hump because it color matches perfectly. However, it's not as inexpensive as other non-OEM humps are going to be.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Ray, I like the Dakar Design (DK) option but have held back because of customs and duties. I see you are in a US location: what was the additional costs to get the hump through customs?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
Hi Ray, I like the Dakar Design (DK) option but have held back because of customs and duties. I see you are in a US location: what was the additional costs to get the hump through customs?
||||@|||| - When I got mine last summer (through Instagram) DK was advertising it with free shipping. I would try reaching out to them through their US Instagram account, they are very responsive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Free shipping would be nice. sigh Missed that, though. I take from your answer that customs wasn’t an issue so I pulled the trigger. ($30 express shipping is the only option now)

Thanks for the reply!

-Phil

||||@|||| - When I got mine last summer (through Instagram) DK was advertising it with free shipping. I would try reaching out to them through their US Instagram account, they are very responsive.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
||||@||||

Hey, I just remembered that I trimmed out this tail hump with a rubber trim piece (U shaped) to clean up the looks. I have some left, so let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
R9t Pure
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kalamcowden, Please consider posting an introduction in the new members section.

I have a Pure and I used DK Design for my tail hump because it color matches perfectly. However, it's not as inexpensive as other non-OEM humps are going to be.

View attachment 129252

Love it, but I'm more interested in your tail tidy. Is that by daedalus?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry for my late reply! (Just noticed your post)

Is the a “U” channel rubber trim piece? If so, where is your nearest Starbux? (Code for what exit are you off)(Which is code for... you know)

||||@||||

Hey, I just remembered that I trimmed out this tail hump with a rubber trim piece (U shaped) to clean up the looks. I have some left, so let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
||||@||||

Funnily enough, mine was a bit worn/damaged, so I replaced it with something thicker (5mm). Trouble is, I had to buy a 5m roll!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, is it me....
I just received the DK Design seat cowl But having a mare of time trying to fit it. I didn’t think I was a complete numpty with this sort of thing but I find that the two brackets supplied to screw the cowl in place don’t line up very well. Also the rear of the cowl can move up and down by up to .5 inches. Is that the same for the rest of you?

maybe I am just doing something wrong...

thnaks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
Hi Airwar,

I'm not at home right now, but expect to be at the garage this weekend, if you can hold out for some photos.

I don't have any of the issues you're describing, so I'm happy to help, just might take a bit of time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries, thanks for your help but I think I have it sorted now. It is a bit of tight fit and the alignment of the brackets could be better but it is in position now.

Mo think I will miss the storage feature of the Chinese one I had but the colour match compared to my home brew spray job is a lot better on this DK Design one.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts