BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
@Topflight out of curiosity, what drove your selection of the Nitron rear shock when you fitted Ohlins to the front?

Congratulations on the bike and great build. Can't wait to see the progress.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Topflight out of curiosity, what drove your selection of the Nitron rear shock when you fitted Ohlins to the front?

Congratulations on the bike and great build. Can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks! The Nitron R2 has more adjustability than the Ohlins BM650/652. Also the Nitron R2 has a piggy back remote reservoir. Plus I can get good deals on the Nitron.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
@Topflight that makes perfect sense. I assume the Ohlins BM440 doesn’t fit the Racer? I am running this shock and have liked it thus far.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Ohlins BM440 is not listed for the Racer. I'm pretty sure it will fit, properly need to remove the canister. What's differance between the BM440 VS BM490?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
There are minor differences based on the length adjustability. See screenshots below:
CBAF99EC-C6F8-49CC-8B1A-B1C104D5A06B.jpeg E9624E16-ECE3-40B1-82C1-4D9570160F91.jpeg

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I am personally a fan of the external piggyback reservoir performance. But depending on what exhaust you plan to run or the overall anesthetic you are going for, the 650 takes up less space. The other consideration is that Ohlins does not explicitly list the 440 as a direct fit on the Racer. I still think it will fit bit I would double-check with Ohlins.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just placed an order Nitron R2 with HPA, will be here in about 2 weeks. The Ohlins BM 650 is on back order (no ETA) and the BM 440 I would have to remove the canister to make it fit. I don't like the idea of tempering with the emission related components since I lived in California.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Congrats @Topflight. I can't wait to see pictures when it is installed.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts