21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
20191109_122253.jpg
20191109_122304.jpg
20191109_131554.jpg
Got my Nitron R2 shock installed today by Jim at Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning in San Carlos, CA??? also they did basic set up. It's night and day difference., highly recommend them doing suspension tuning/installation...love riding it now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks fantastic! I'm debating the tail tidy atm - minima vs. original daedalus - I'm very excited to see the minima on another Racer. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks! I like the way Minima looks compare to the original and it's cheaper too...Originally I didn't want to spend that much for a tail tidy.

Looks fantastic! I'm debating the tail tidy atm - minima vs. original daedalus - I'm very excited to see the minima on another Racer. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that a Puig windscreen? Thinking about getting one for my Racer mostly for aesthetics, but I would be interested in hearing about if you notice any extra wind protection?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is that a Puig windscreen? Thinking about getting one for my Racer mostly for aesthetics, but I would be interested in hearing about if you notice any extra wind protection?
Yes, it's a Puig windscreen. The Puig windscreen only provide a small coverage area, you still will feel the headwind around your upper arm and shoulder area. To be honest after installing the Puig windscreen, i actually prefer the look of OEM windscreen and will be going back to the OEM windscreen. The OEM is better quality and thicker plexiglass than the Puig windscreen. The Puig windscreen scratch easily, the fitment is not the best. If you want extra wind protection check out Gustafsson windscreen Super G force (8" tall) or the Barber G force (6" tall) windscreen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, it's a Puig windscreen. The Puig windscreen only provide a small coverage area, you still will feel the headwind around your upper arm and shoulder area. To be honest after installing the Puig windscreen, i actually prefer the look of OEM windscreen and will be going back to the OEM windscreen. The OEM is better quality and thicker plexiglass than the Puig windscreen. The Puig windscreen scratch easily, the fitment is not the best. If you want extra wind protection check out Gustafsson windscreen Super G force (8" tall) or the Barber G force (6" tall) windscreen.
Thanks for the insight. I was actually already looking at the Gustafsson but couldn’t justify the extra $100 over the Puig if the Puig performed the same. Looks like the Gustafsson windscreen will definitely be a quality addition to the Racer.

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
111 Posts
These look great.

Want to put these on my racer too and combine them with some rizoma containers.

Are these a straight bolt on fit or do you have to make adjustments to the brake lines ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
These look great.

Want to put these on my racer too and combine them with some rizoma containers.

Are these a straight bolt on fit or do you have to make adjustments to the brake lines ?

Hello,
Unfortunately these are not straight bolt on. I am properly the first one to installed these on a Racer. The Rizoma reservoirs might not work due to the top fairing clearance on our Racer. Even with the Magura reservoir, it barely clear the brake side. Also it was difficult to reach out to others for assistance because I couldn't find anyone that have actually installed one on a Racer. The clutch side have more clearance due the reservoir been smaller. I also had to purchased the Magura HC1/HC3 Radial adapters and new clutch line for the clutch side from Spiegler USA. If you are really serious about getting these I could help you out.

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
111 Posts
Really serious.

Have some ideas to make the reservoirs fit by using the Rizoma mounting brackets.

But not being a simple bolt on I think i will add this mod to the winter list together with anodizing the fork legs and fitting the spoke wheels

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
With the Rizoma adapter might work. I was looking at the AEM factory titanium reservoir but no luck in finding a adapter that will work with my setup. You want to trade for my spoke wheels?? 😁

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
111 Posts
With the Rizoma adapter might work. I was looking at the AEM factory titanium reservoir but no luck in finding a adapter that will work with my setup.
I plan on fixing them right next to the dials so I hopefully can clear the fairing that way. Have been using some cardboard mock-ups to see how this will fit and that came out nicely.

You want to trade for my spoke wheels??
You being in the US and me being in Europe, that’s not the most efficient solution

Hopefully when the work returns after Corona I have the opportunity to buy a set of Alpina wheels to fit on my bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I plan on fixing them right next to the dials so I hopefully can clear the fairing that way. Have been using some cardboard mock-ups to see how this will fit and that came out nicely.

You being in the US and me being in Europe, that’s not the most efficient solution

Hopefully when the work returns after Corona I have the opportunity to buy a set of Alpina wheels to fit on my bike.

True..shipping cost would be outrageous. I just want to get rid of running inner tubes to save weight. My plan is to either go with carbon or magnesium wheels, lithium batteries, brighter aftermarket LED headlights and remapping the ECU.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts