BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just installed a trickle charger as neatly as I could.
I decided to made my own ground right on the chassis, I used the empty positive by drilling out the plastic thread and using a longer bolt with a locknut.
I left my bike for 3 weeks when I was in Egypt and it still just managed to start on Saturday.
Most bikes I've had lithium batteries
Motor vehicle Light Black Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Bag Gas Machine

Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part

and they stay charged for months and months

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I Added the Tom Tom rider 550 SE nav.
My unit garage windshields GPS mount bar provided the perfect position for easy glancing while riding.
I made up the power cable to GPS plug and powers up with the ignition on.
Bluetooth from the mobile app to nav to easily make routes on the go or it automatically synchronizes from a Cloud via WiFi when parked in the garage.
I bought a nice little mount off eBay with looks a lot more tidy and more rigid than the provided mounts.
Light Yellow Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment

Light Automotive tire Blue Automotive lighting Yellow

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel

Photograph Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Helmet Plant

Registered
I keep saying it.. that windshield just looks epic, specially with the handguards.

I wonder how it would look on my bike; The extra GPS bracket and riding comfort would sure be welcome.

What u think? Would it fit looks wise?

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I keep saying it.. that windshield just looks epic, specially with the handguards.

I wonder how it would look on my bike; The extra GPS bracket and riding comfort would sure be welcome.

What u think? Would it fit looks wise?

Yes I think it will, also really good at getting the wind off your chest.

I really like your bike. I was going to powder coat my crash bars blue or yellow but got impatient 馃ぃ maybe when I do the valve clearance adjustment.
Got more pictures showing your valve covers? They're on eBay at a better price now.
Headlight guard on order. With your headlight guard, is it easy to clean the lense?

Registered
Yes I think it will, also really good at getting the wind off your chest.

I really like your bike. I was going to powder coat my crash bars blue or yellow but got impatient 馃ぃ maybe when I do the valve clearance adjustment.
Got more pictures showing your valve covers? They're on eBay at a better price now.
Headlight guard on order. With your headlight guard, is it easy to clean the lense?
The headlight cover makes it almost impossible to clean the headlight.. so if i wanna clean it good; i gotta take it off.
But it's only one screw.. so heck.

Here's some pictures of the valve covers / breast cover. I got the valve covers for 520 euro's including mounting from the BMW dealer.. the breastplate was 180 including mounting.

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The headlight cover makes it almost impossible to clean the headlight.. so if i wanna clean it good; i gotta take it off.
But it's only one screw.. so heck.

Here's some pictures of the valve covers / breast cover. I got the valve covers for 520 euro's including mounting from the BMW dealer.. the breastplate was 180 including mounting.

Looks great, maybe when my other parts come I'll invest.
Got OEM side covers and plaque on the way.
I like the GS tank decals too

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just logging my upgrades on my post.
Installed the hepco and Becker headlight guard.
Still fairly easy to clean the headlight.
The holes are a bit big and could let through stones still.
I have a cheap finer grill that I'm mocking up to go on it. Yes it's not straight yet hah.
Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Light

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Carbon Automotive exterior

Font Tool Saw Gas Suspension

Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Fuel tank

Finally! These took the longest time to arrive nearly 5weeks! Unit garage took 3 days from the other side of Europe.
Really like the emblem and the covers finally address the unsightly airbox area.

Still looking a Roland sands or similar valve covers.

Servicing/performance parts for the winter bordem I think 馃榿

Attachments

Administrator
Sooooo I'm trying to work out where this thread should now live.... It night have started out as an introduction thread but it's now turned into something between a build thread and accessories post.

On balance it's probably best to move the thread to the Builds section. Will also have to do a fair bit of editing to the thread, so apologies to members in advance for posts that will have to be moved/deleted to turn this thread into something more relevant to a bike build conversation. I think the gear post is great but it's going to get lost in a build or introduction thread, so I'll create a new thread for this. Will try to move most of the welcome posts and intro post and recreate a more relevant introduction thread

Thanks for taking the trouble to post all this information @Louis Urban GS , but could I ask that you keep this thread to focus on how you are modifying your UGS and if you have any other stuff to tell us about, then please do and post in the relevant forum sections.

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sooooo I'm trying to work out where this thread should now live.... It night have started out as an introduction thread but it's now turned into something between a build thread and accessories post.

On balance it's probably best to move the thread to the Builds section. Will also have to do a bit of pruning to the thread, so apologies to members in advance for posts that will have to be deleted to turn this thread into something more relevant to a bike build conversation. I think the gear post is great but it's going to get lost in a build or introduction thread, so I'll create a new thread for this.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post all this information @Louis Urban GS , but could I ask that you keep this thread to focus on how you are modifying your UGS and if you have any other stuff to tell us about, then please do and post in the relevant forum sections.
Sure, this forum is quite different from other ones. Usually users try to stick to 1 post instead of starting dozens of separate threads... I was going along the route of... Hello, this is my bike, this is what I've added, etc.
I would call it a build thread but to me this isn't a build, not like those super projects on here.

Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Digital camera Camera Reflex camera Camera lens Automotive tire

Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hub gear Bicycle

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Crankset Vehicle brake

Wood Tool Fixture Automotive exterior Bumper

Couldn't resist the final drive and rear wheel inserts by Roland sands at 拢21 delivered :)
Make sure you have some monster Allen keys! Little bit of thread lock too.

Still wanting the valve clovers and maybe the brake and clutch reservoir caps

21 - 40 of 40 Posts