BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this error code 3A1570 Mixture Preperation Adaption Bank 1?
Engine on idle is lumpy. If you just touch the throttle it seems to miss. Other than this bike runs excellent. Error code is stored in memory and is not bad enough to put MIL light on dash. I’ve removed plugs and on cylinder 1 they are black running rich. Cylinder 2 top plug is perfect bottom black?
Removed O2 sensors and both test ok.
If you delete codes. Bike will tick over ok until you go for a ride and issue comes back and code is stored again. HELP…………

·
Registered
2021 R nineT Option 719, Triumph Bobber
144 Posts
The error code seems to suggest problems with the intake tract leading to a rich mixture. I would have thought a code would be logged if the O2 sensor was duff, but you could try a set of new plugs and swapping the O2 sensors over to see if the issue shifts to the other cylinder? From what I have read the lower plugs tend to get some carbon buildup so is that is not unexpected, but the upper plug shouldn't be black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s going to Jeff at Hilltop motorcycles on Friday he’s the expert on these boxer engines. Works a lot for BMW race team. Has dyno etc so we will see what he comes up with. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts