BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this error code 3A1570 Mixture Preperation Adaption Bank 1?
Engine on idle is lumpy. If you just touch the throttle it seems to miss. Other than this bike runs excellent. Error code is stored in memory and is not bad enough to put MIL light on dash. I’ve removed plugs and on cylinder 1 they are black running rich. Cylinder 2 top plug is perfect bottom black?
Removed O2 sensors and both test ok.
If you delete codes. Bike will tick over ok until you go for a ride and issue comes back and code is stored again. HELP…………

· Registered
2021 R nineT Option 719, Triumph Bobber
224 Posts
The error code seems to suggest problems with the intake tract leading to a rich mixture. I would have thought a code would be logged if the O2 sensor was duff, but you could try a set of new plugs and swapping the O2 sensors over to see if the issue shifts to the other cylinder? From what I have read the lower plugs tend to get some carbon buildup so is that is not unexpected, but the upper plug shouldn't be black.

· Registered
10 Posts
The error code seems to suggest problems with the intake tract leading to a rich mixture. I would have thought a code would be logged if the O2 sensor was duff, but you could try a set of new plugs and swapping the O2 sensors over to see if the issue shifts to the other cylinder? From what I have read the lower plugs tend to get some carbon buildup so is that is not unexpected, but the upper plug shouldn't be black.
Hello, I’ve also been getting the same error code on my 2019 R9T Scrambler (Mixture preparation adaptation, bank 1: ЗА1570) I took off both 02 Sensors and they appear to be white. At first I thought that perhaps my motorcycle was running too lean but someone told me that it could be the result of silicone poisoning. It’s usually caused from an improper gasket sealant on the engine, although I’ve never messed with the gaskets so I’m not sure what truly caused them to turn white. I checked both of the spark plugs and both appear to be healthy. I’ve also noticed a rough idle, it almost feels like once side of the engine starts to shake. If I rev it up, it goes away but after a while it goes rough again. I’ve been using an android app called MotoScan where I can see live data coming from the 02 sensors, on idle one of the 02 sensors drops to 0.70 while the other one stays at 1.0. I don’t know what that means but I would think that both sensors should read the same amount. Correct me if I’m wrong but perhaps one of my 02 sensors has gone bad which is why I’m getting this error code.

· Registered
70 Posts
Hi Motoman , bank 1 should be right hand side,
it may be worth checking all 4 plugs, the bottom ones can get carbon build up,
the oxygen sensors cant see unburnt fuel from a misfire ,
just the excess oxygen that didnt burn,
this also applies to air flow in, as simple as throttle body balance,
you will end up with the fuel trim adding fuel and a mixture adaption code,
going through the spark plugs , throttle balance as the cables can get dislodged at the throttle bodies, checking the evap hoses are secure,
it is all a good start point as you have difference on one side,
you could exchange the sensors over to see if the imbalance swaps sides, as mentioned by Bobber 101,
same for the spark plugs, and coils,
if there is a change its caused by what you moved
not sure what value moto scan gives , but assuming volts, higher is lean and lower is richer on narrowband sensors on live sensor data not trim value,
if there is a misfire count in the diagnostic it would be worth checking,
be thorough and check one item at a time,

Forest,

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi Motoman , bank 1 should be right hand side,
it may be worth checking all 4 plugs, the bottom ones can get carbon build up,
the oxygen sensors cant see unburnt fuel from a misfire ,
just the excess oxygen that didnt burn,
this also applies to air flow in, as simple as throttle body balance,
you will end up with the fuel trim adding fuel and a mixture adaption code,
going through the spark plugs , throttle balance as the cables can get dislodged at the throttle bodies, checking the evap hoses are secure,
it is all a good start point as you have difference on one side,
you could exchange the sensors over to see if the imbalance swaps sides, as mentioned by Bobber 101,
same for the spark plugs, and coils,
if there is a change its caused by what you moved
not sure what value moto scan gives , but assuming volts, higher is lean and lower is richer on narrowband sensors on live sensor data not trim value,
if there is a misfire count in the diagnostic it would be worth checking,
be thorough and check one item at a time,

Forest,
Hi Forest, Thank you for the reply and the great advice. Hopefully I can find the culprit behind the error code. :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Any update on this? What was the actual cause? I’m getting the same fault code on my brand new S1000RR after installing full race exhaust and a tune. Quickshifter can be a bit jerky after the fault code is registered. Bike runs and idle fine - please help.

· Registered
70 Posts
Hi JT, the later bikes with post cat sensors can be sensitive on fuel trim,
it may be worth going back to the tuner to possibly check the trim values,
bikes came late to post cat sensors, it is mappable on cars and similar system,

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi JT, the later bikes with post cat sensors can be sensitive on fuel trim,
it may be worth going back to the tuner to possibly check the trim values,
bikes came late to post cat sensors, it is mappable on cars and similar system,
Thank you for your response. I hope it doesn’t cause too much of dramas. I have been talking to the tuner and he asked me to reset Throttle and Mixture Prep adaptations, which I have done a couple of times using GS911. Code hasn’t appeared since the last reset but the quickshifter hasn’t got better, can be a bit jerky sometimes.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for your response. I hope it doesn’t cause too much of dramas. I have been talking to the tuner and he asked me to reset Throttle and Mixture Prep adaptations, which I have done a couple of times using GS911. Code hasn’t appeared since the last reset but the quickshifter hasn’t got better, can be a bit jerky sometimes.
Haven’t been able to figure it out. I cleared the fault code and it didn’t come up for a while since October but right now I did a diagnostic test and it appeared once again. I know my o2 sensors are white, perhaps from silicone poisoning. Maybe that’s the culprit but I’m not sure.

· Registered
4 Posts
Haven’t been able to figure it out. I cleared the fault code and it didn’t come up for a while since October but right now I did a diagnostic test and it appeared once again. I know my o2 sensors are white, perhaps from silicone poisoning. Maybe that’s the culprit but I’m not sure.
Do you any performance related issues? Like the quickshifter?

· Registered
10 Posts
Do you any performance related issues? Like the quickshifter?
My motorcycle doesn’t have a quickshifter but I do sometimes get a rough idle. It only happens after the engine is warmed up and I did some research and apparently bmw motorcycles switch from open loop to closed loop after the engine reaches a certain temperature. Using the gs911 I can see that both fuel injectors and o2 sensors are performing significantly different on each cylinder. My best bet is that It simply needs a throttle body sync to fix the rough idle. Other than that I haven’t seen any performance issues on my bike. As for the error code, it most likely will be a faulty o2 sensor or spark plug but I’m yet to switch them sides to see if the fault codes switches to bank 2 instead of bank 1.

· Registered
10 Posts
Update: I recently resolved an issue with my motorcycle's mixture adaptation fault code.. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the throttle bodies were not properly synchronized. This issue first arose a couple of months ago, and gradually worsened until it was causing the engine to stall even when holding the clutch. Additionally, I noticed a decrease in fuel efficiency, as well as an increase in exhaust popping during deceleration. I determined that the cause of this was that the dealership had failed to properly synchronize the throttle bodies during a prior service, and had even damaged the locknuts on the cables, which prevented proper synchronization. To resolve the issue, I purchased a carbmate pro sync tool. I was able to synchronize the throttle bodies, and additionally, I was able to adjust the idle screws using the tool as well. After completing these adjustments, my motorcycle's performance has greatly improved and I have not experienced any further issues. I then used a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and the Motoscan app to reset the mixture adaptation and throttle adaptation, and cleared any fault codes related to the mixture adaptation. I have been riding for a week now and my motorcycle is running at optimal performance and no fault code has shown up since. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts