BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
More updates:

- installed titanium Akrapovic headers. Totally worth the money!
-installed a red LED light behind a grille I made In the snorkel. It’s ties into the sat Nav harness so that it turns on with accessories and turns off with the key after 2 minutes.
  • installed a white LED puck light up under the battery tray I made so it illuminates where the stock Airbox used to be
  • decided to lengthen the crankcase breather tube and mount the filter in the place where the charcoal canister used to be. I was getting some light oil mist on the starter cover and this should be farther away now.
-Added classic fork badge

Pics for clicks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have a sample of the bracket you made (size and holes?)

New updates today: now that I’ve installed the clip ons the speedo gauge sits up way too high for my liking. I wanted to have it lowered and tucked in behind the headlight but couldn’t find any mfg that made a lowering bracket. So I made one using some spare aluminum I had laying around. Much cleaner now and the gauge is still totally visible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
what a glorious garage and a great looking bike! How do you feel the bike after you've removed the airbox?
Thank you! When I purchased the home the garage came unfinished, I did the whole remodel myself. Was my chance to build the dream garage I always wanted. Now just need to add a 4 post lift! Regarding the Airbox removal, I love the asthetics and how it cleans up the bike. I doubt there’s a performance benefit, infact it will add a lean condition which I rectified with an auto tuner.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What bike, I can only see one great workspace / garage / mancave. Jealous or what. I know I shouldn't be.

Great work, and yes the bike too.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Amazing build and I really dig the aesthetic you have cultivated with the Pure. Do you have any future mods on the horizon or have you finally reached "mission accomplished"?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Been away for a bit sinking money into some other projects. Just a few updates I added the luimoto tank pads, really caps off the look of the bike!
7FC44D13-00C6-4FC9-8843-B1E7D799279E.jpeg
2876339A-7594-44C5-A47E-DFE65FD2F9C9.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bravo!! Just an amazing job what you've done with the bike 👏 👏 👏

You gave me also an idea for the air filters replacement 😁 But I have a question, how did you fixed the "old" side air intake without the old filter box??

If I can make a suggestion, in a mod like yours, I'm only missing something that will definetly make it 100% perfect: a keel!!
Something like that: https://bikergarage.es/bmw/349-quilla-bmw-r-ninet.html

Regards from Spain!

PS: I'm jealous about your garage 🤩

·
Registered
34 Posts
Truly inspiring bike!
Looks absolutely amazing and colour scheme matches the cafe racer style brilliant!
Keep up the good work!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts