BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if any new North American buyers have the same trouble as me? I’ve ordered my 2021 Scrambler mid December 2020 and am still waiting for it. The dealership was originally supposed to receive its order start to mid April but there has been some shipment container issues back in Germany (due to covid) and it only shipped 3 days ago. I’m scheduled to pick it up mid June and am really excited about it. Any 2021 buyers in the same boat (pun intended) as me? Luckily BMW has offered a “small” rebate as an apology for its shipping issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
it's not just motorcycle's. A buddy of mine ordered his BMW car last winter which was supposed to also arrive spring time, they too just got the vessel number and will get car sometime in June as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Curious about the rebate that you’re referring to. Any details you can share? I’m really hoping these shipping issues will be sorted for my July delivery.

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious about the rebate that you’re referring to. Any details you can share? I’m really hoping these shipping issues will be sorted for my July delivery.
My dealerships representant told me that BMW would cut 500$ of the price of the bike, which isn't bad at all. Considering I requested a tachymeter to be added on my scrambler, it will cover a big part of this option fee.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
112 Posts
Hey everyone, I was wondering if any new North American buyers have the same trouble as me? I’ve ordered my 2021 Scrambler mid December 2020 and am still waiting for it. The dealership was originally supposed to receive its order start to mid April but there has been some shipment container issues back in Germany (due to covid) and it only shipped 3 days ago. I’m scheduled to pick it up mid June and am really excited about it. Any 2021 buyers in the same boat (pun intended) as me? Luckily BMW has offered a “small” rebate as an apology for its shipping issue.
Boats for moving bikes and cars got tangled up in the Suez canal debacle. Those weeks of waiting piled up and compounded. I ended up taking a bike off the floor instead of waiting for bike in ship status with no movement to land

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boats for moving bikes and cars got tangled up in the Suez canal debacle. Those weeks of waiting piled up and compounded. I ended up taking a bike off the floor instead of waiting for bike in ship status with no movement to land
Yeah except boats departing from Germany in route to Canada don't go near the Suez canal at all ;)
Vendors told me they had shipping containers issue (shortage) due to.....drumroll...covid again.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
112 Posts
Yeah except boats departing from Germany in route to Canada don't go near the Suez canal at all ;)
Vendors told me they had shipping containers issue (shortage) due to.....drumroll...covid again.
they have to come from somewhere, turn routing isn't common

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealerships representant told me that BMW would cut 500$ of the price of the bike, which isn't bad at all. Considering I requested a tachymeter to be added on my scrambler, it will cover a big part of this option fee.
Agreed. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
71 Posts
Rebates you say!!! I'd just be happy to have the Bean home, (not that I would turn down a bone thrown my direction), LWIRWA I feel your pain, boy do I ever, I put down my deposit in Dec. 2020 as well and I talked with my salesperson just yesterday and he said he is hurting big time for deliveries. He mentioned that he has a client that bought two RR's, one for himself and one for his girlfriend, not sure who I want to meet more, RR riding girlfriend or rich boyfriend??? Anyway, this person has put down about $20k towards the better than $50k still on the balance sheet, and is still in limbo like the rest of us. So I guess it could be worse. They say patience is a virtue, however, the 'they' who say that weren't waiting for their shiny new rides.......

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rebates you say!!! I'd just be happy to have the Bean home, (not that I would turn down a bone thrown my direction), LWIRWA I feel your pain, boy do I ever, I put down my deposit in Dec. 2020 as well and I talked with my salesperson just yesterday and he said he is hurting big time for deliveries. He mentioned that he has a client that bought two RR's, one for himself and one for his girlfriend, not sure who I want to meet more, RR riding girlfriend or rich boyfriend??? Anyway, this person has put down about $20k towards the better than $50k still on the balance sheet, and is still in limbo like the rest of us. So I guess it could be worse. They say patience is a virtue, however, the 'they' who say that weren't waiting for their shiny new rides.......
HAHAHAH holy crap, two RRs!!!!!!! Yeah I'm currently super busy with work projects and a home construction projet, so mid June will come by in just a breeze. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Scrambler 2021
49 Posts
I bought my in NYC and will say they were in the dark about deliveries until pretty much 1-2 weeks before they took a shipment (they got them back in Feb/Mar), they didn't even know the inventory they were going to get. However, I see they have a few in stock, so not sure why your dealer is not having the inventory. Did you want something custom that isn't ordinary stock?

I originally was going to go for the Pure, but they didn't get any at first shipment, so I freaked and got the Scrambler, and can't say it wasn't a good choice, kind of glad I did.

I see you are in Canada, so wondering if this is country related where they prioritized a certain markets first.

See here:

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought my in NYC and will say they were in the dark about deliveries until pretty much 1-2 weeks before they took a shipment (they got them back in Feb/Mar), they didn't even know the inventory they were going to get. However, I see they have a few in stock, so not sure why your dealer is not having the inventory. Did you want something custom that isn't ordinary stock?

I originally was going to go for the Pure, but they didn't get any at first shipment, so I freaked and got the Scrambler, and can't say it wasn't a good choice, kind of glad I did.

I see you are in Canada, so wondering if this is country related where they prioritized a certain markets first.

See here:
Yeah prolly country related, vendor told me that they were 500 bike on hold on the docks, I'm assuming they are all meant for canadian Motorrad shops since they told me the whole batch is beeing sorted out in Toronto, then distributed to dealers. I did order mine ''customized'' with some options, but it isn't a custom bike per se. I'm not worried at all on the lead time, I'm just too busy with other stuff for the moment anyways and apparantly it's mid way through the atlantic crossing as I type this ;)

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,065 Posts
I don't know about ordered bikes, but my local dealer has had several 2021s in stock already, including a regular 'classic,' an Option 719, 3-4 Pures, and at least one Scrambler. I don't think they've received an Urban GS yet, unless maybe they did and it sold already (which wouldn't surprise me).

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know about ordered bikes, but my local dealer has had several 2021s in stock already, including a regular 'classic,' an Option 719, 3-4 Pures, and at least one Scrambler. I don't think they've received an Urban GS yet, unless maybe they did and it sold already (which wouldn't surprise me).
Probably it's a regional (country) thing because they don't seem to have received any 2021 models yet, either be customer ordered or shop ordered bikes...

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
112 Posts
I just laid eyes on the UGS, I thought I'd hate it, but I was wrong

1 - 20 of 61 Posts