BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Any word on if they've arrived? Off the boat? I'm losing my mind waiting...

Yeah, mine got to the store (Quebec city) last Tuesday (I posted pictures, oh crap it was in another discussion, here you go) . Picking it up on the 19th! :)
Call your dealership

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 R nine T
16 Posts
Yeah, mine got to the store (Quebec city) last Tuesday (I posted pictures, oh crap it was in another discussion, here you go) . Picking it up on the 19th! :)
Call your dealership
Looks awesome! I'll drop them a line. I'm hoping for good news...

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
81 Posts
Fantastic LWIRWA, I remember you said you had been real busy, so coming the 19th you will have your reward/excuse to take some time and enjoy yourself. Like I say in my tag line "Ride hard but be chill, ride fast but enjoy the scenery, don't fall down except when you are laughing" words to live by in my book. Be safe...

Reactions: LWIRWA

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
118 Posts
Any word on if they've arrived? Off the boat? I'm losing my mind waiting...
I don't know what to think. As I replied to TheBean, do our salespeople really try to get the information or do they just wait and not really care. I am trying to understand the vehicle inquiry status without really knowing how.
example
My may 11th status states-actual location Port of Montreal, next location Brampton(ontario) ETA 14-06
my may 25th status has actual location Bremerhaven, next location Port of Montreal with an ETA of 10-06
There are codes next to the locations which must mean something but just don't know.:

I like to fully understand everything, that's my nature .... and I would really like to sit down with a BMW rep and learn the Vehicle Inquiry Status front to back at 100%
Just for the knowledge
And I'm not even a salesperson!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know what to think. As I replied to TheBean, do our salespeople really try to get the information or do they just wait and not really care. I am trying to understand the vehicle inquiry status without really knowing how.
example
My may 11th status states-actual location Port of Montreal, next location Brampton(ontario) ETA 14-06
my may 25th status has actual location Bremerhaven, next location Port of Montreal with an ETA of 10-06
There are codes next to the locations which must mean something but just don't know.:

I like to fully understand everything, that's my nature .... and I would really like to sit down with a BMW rep and learn the Vehicle Inquiry Status front to back at 100%
Just for the knowledge
I’m with you...I find it hard to believe that my bike has been at port in Canada since May 26th (at least) but has yet to arrive at the dealership.

I’ve also been checking the dealer’s stock online and it’s bizarre...one day there will be 2 pages of bikes, with a number of models “coming soon” with prices and details (which gets my hopes up, obviously), yet the next they have been removed.

Also this response is confusing:
“Bike should be at the dealership in the next few weeks as it looks like it has landed in Canada”
Does it really take a few weeks to get unloaded and make it’s way to Toronto? Ugh.

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
example

Just for the knowledge
I started to type that you were lucky to get
I’m with you...I find it hard to believe that my bike has been at port in Canada since May 26th (at least) but has yet to arrive at the dealership.

I’ve also been checking the dealer’s stock online and it’s bizarre...one day there will be 2 pages of bikes, with a number of models “coming soon” with prices and details (which gets my hopes up, obviously), yet the next they have been removed.

Also this response is confusing:

Does it really take a few weeks to get unloaded and make it’s way to Toronto? Ugh.
I really thought you and I were in the same shipment, now I’m really wondering what’s happening for yours….I mean, I don’t get why mine got “fast tracked” (or as it seems) when both ours landed the same date in Canada…. 🤔

·
Registered
51 Posts
I started to type that you were lucky to get

I really thought you and I were in the same shipment, now I’m really wondering what’s happening for yours….I mean, I don’t get why mine got “fast tracked” (or as it seems) when both ours landed the same date in Canada…. 🤔
Im starting to think mine hasn’t actually arrived in Canada yet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys, Jacc883 gave me some numbers to call (see post on the Anyone seeing... section):

- Hey Bean ...... perhaps you can call these numbers and see if anyone can help...
It IS BMWNA after all - it's worth a try
BMW now offers the option to call the BMW Genius 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487)
OR

• Call: (1-800) 831-1117
  • Say “Vehicle Production Status” when prompted… or at any time after the recording starts -
So I called the 831-1117 number and spoke with a couple of people that at least gave me some sort of answers, not what I wanted to hear, but an answer. You might consider giving it a try.

I continue the Bean saga on the other post if you want to see what I have been up against.

Speaking of the other post does anyone think this '2021 Delivery problems...' and Anyone
seeing 2021's...' should be merged?

Reactions: LWIRWA

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
118 Posts
As I mentioned .... tomorrow is my due date`.
I find myself fairly agitated these past few days, either because excited for delivery or worry that the wait is not over yet. It really is like my life is on hold until this gets settled.
Argh !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called BMW Canada....couldn’t get any info because I don’t even have the VIN or production number!

Will do another check-in with my dealer...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mixedup, your dealer should be able to provide you with a 'Vehicle Inquiry: Status' printout, that is what my guys/gals did for me, and that is where the ammo I used when talking with BMW came from. It, depending on how they print it for you, will provide you with VIN: number, production dates, and a bunch of other things that made no sense to me but seem to matter. That sheet comes from the system where, as I understand it, the dealers get their info, however, like in my case it seems to be caught in a time warp. Good luck

·
Registered
2021 R nine T
16 Posts
I received word yesterday that my bike has left from the Port in Montreal enroute to Toronto. From there it has to make the trek to the Calgary dealership for uncrating and set up. They still won't peg down a date for me. At this point I'm just hoping to see it in June. :confused: But I'm glad to hear it isn't still on a boat or across the pond.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I received word yesterday that my bike has left from the Port in Montreal enroute to Toronto. From there it has to make the trek to the Calgary dealership for uncrating and set up. They still won't peg down a date for me. At this point I'm just hoping to see it in June. :confused: But I'm glad to hear it isn't still on a boat or across the pond.
Ahhhh....so that might explain the delay at the port (Montreal likely still backed up due to job action a few weeks back). I’m going to check in on mine and see if I can get the same good news!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
118 Posts
Ahhhh....so that might explain the delay at the port (Montreal likely still backed up due to job action a few weeks back). I’m going to check in on mine and see if I can get the same good news!
I did not get my call today ....

But if I am as lucky as you guys, my bike will leave the Port of Montreal to go to Toronto ... hang out there for a few days and catch some rays, and then they will truck it back to Montreal, so that we can waste another 5 days of riding.

Just sayin ...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got this note from my guys @ San Jose BMW and I'm not sure if this is relative to your situation, however, every little bit helps...:

Pol: BREMERHAVEN - Pod: NEW YORK
Total Transit Time
09 days
First Eta: 09/06/2021
New Eta: 10/06/2021
Delay: 01 day Delay Occured.
Arrival Date: 10/06/2021
Time to Destination : 0

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Mixedup .... it looks like this:

View attachment 143898
Wow, there's a 5 weeks difference between you requested production week and the confirmed production week.......I don't have the info on my bike, but that could explain a lot on the delays of shipping first hand. I've been told that my bike was to be scheduled for a mid-february build and was supposed to ship at the begining of april, if it is anything like yours the story provided by the dealer (bikes waiting on docks) could be total bullshit as the bikes just hasn't been build in the first place yet. I'm going to inquire about this during the week.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts