BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
139 Posts
WHAT......Is that Bean in a box....

IMG_20210708_123941.jpg

Why YES IT IS....

20210708_145100.jpg

At long last, Bean came home late last night. I will have more pictures for you later, but for now I am out riding.... 🤪 🤣

·
Registered
139 Posts
Okay now, spent the day trying to get things done so I could have a proper ride, not quite there yet, however, I did get the first two mods on the Bean. Puig crashers, yes there will be a story on that later, and Hepco & Becker rack, went on easy as my ex. girl friend.... :oops:

Couple of quick pictures for you. First-Mod-Puig-Crashers.png First-Mod-Puig-Crashers-2.png Puig crashers
Second-Mod-Rack.png Hepco & Becker rack.

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
At first I was going to say: “Pfff, getting your bike is so June 🙄” but I so stoked for you!!!!!!
Yesssss, finally!!!!!
So stoked that I’m even starting to doubt my color choice for Ingrid, man your colorway is sweeeeeeeeeet!
Congrats bean!

·
Registered
2021 R nine T
29 Posts
Okay now, spent the day trying to get things done so I could have a proper ride, not quite there yet, however, I did get the first two mods on the Bean. Puig crashers, yes there will be a story on that later, and Hepco & Becker rack, went on easy as my ex. girl friend.... :oops:

Couple of quick pictures for you. First-Mod-Puig-Crashers.png First-Mod-Puig-Crashers-2.png Puig crashers
Second-Mod-Rack.png Hepco & Becker rack.
Looks awesome! Congrats man :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
(y) Thanks and there is no knocking Ingrid, she is a beaut.... Man I am having some fun here, notice no blue line on the tires. :ROFLMAO:

I have only been able to clock about an hour and a half because I have been so busy, but what an hour....

·
Registered
70 Posts
(y) Thanks and there is no knocking Ingrid, she is a beaut.... Man I am having some fun here, notice no blue line on the tires. :ROFLMAO:

I have only been able to clock about an hour and a half because I have been so busy, but what an hour....
Yessss! Finally! Looks amazing! Enjoy!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
189 Posts

WOW !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
How do you like the metzler karoos 3?
Bean has the stock Metz and they are very different than I am used to, at first they were down right scary as they would fight me when I healed over past about 10 degrees. After I started to scrub them in a bit, mind you I am still getting a feel for Bean, they are getting better.

I will have more input later as I round down the edges more, my brother uses them on his GSA 1250 and said the same, that they are pretty decent, however, they are not, NOT, high perf. street tires.

That said I did explore the south side of a 110 mph (177 kph -ish) and they did wiggle a bit but not so much that they scared me.

And no, I don't suggest you try that.... o_O just saying....

Reactions: LWIRWA

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Bean has the stock Metz and they are very different than I am used to, at first they were down right scary as they would fight me when I healed over past about 10 degrees. After I started to scrub them in a bit, mind you I am still getting a feel for Bean, they are getting better.

I will have more input later as I round down the edges more, my brother uses them on his GSA 1250 and said the same, that they are pretty decent, however, they are not, NOT, high perf. street tires.

That said I did explore the south side of a 110 mph (177 kph -ish) and they did wiggle a bit but not so much that they scared me.

when i first ordered the bike I asked for “dirt” tires (50/50) but when I saw them, I had them switched for avon trailrider (80/20). Not gonna lie, the feel perfect when I sit on Ingrid and ride absolutely to nowhere 😂
Cheers!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
189 Posts

Hey Bean, glad to see you're out and about.
Super stoked for you to finally have the bike! Ride safe!

Meet you in Nebraska mid-August? :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
J. wouldn't that be fun, tearing up Nebraska in August, however, I don't think I can make it happen this year. How are you doing with your ride? As you can see from that attached between rides I am already wrenching on the Bean.
Wrenching---Puig-Crashers.png

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good morning L. lets talk tires for a moment. I know you must be just going crazy to start wearing down the edges of yours.

It is funny to me now that I have the Bean under me, the most fun I ever had with a bike was my Honda XL 250 running Dunlap K 90's. They were the best at the time for dual sport riding. I would go out, after riding down the freeway, take my headlight, and anything else I could off at the track and race. Then put everything back on and drive home.

Out where I grew up there is a lot of hard pack and adobe which means that dry it is like riding on concrete and wet it is like riding in glue. When I wore out my Honda I went over to street rides and started racing and that is what I did for years so I lost some of that going back and forth from dirt to street versatility that I really loved.

Going fast, REALLY fast, was my 'drug' of choice and with my GXR 1100 took massive doses every chance I could. LOL But I started to miss that 'going back and forth' that my little Honda 'Sara', let me have. Now fast forward a couple of years, okay decades, and we have the Bean. I fully plan on getting a spare set of wheels so that I can swap back and forth from dual sport tires, like the Metz I have now and a more road worthy tire for the long rides that I know will be mostly street.

The stock tires I have now, a little sketchy going in hard on the turns, okay for the street, other than they are noisy, but great for fire roading. I just need to chill a bit more diving in on the concrete twisties and enjoy the scenery heading up to those fire roads and trails.

So my final word on tires, don't have one yet!!! However, I will keep you posted as the miles build.
Road-Less-Traveled.png

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
189 Posts
J. wouldn't that be fun, tearing up Nebraska in August, however, I don't think I can make it happen this year. How are you doing with your ride? As you can see from that attached between rides I am already wrenching on the Bean.
View attachment 144867
Yes I see you have been quite busy!
I, on the other hand have not. I had changed so much stuff on my Sportster, that I said - let's leave this one alone a bit and just see what happens before tearing into it. My first discovery was that I really like the look of the single clock, so I am in no hurry to even think about a tach, although it was super important for me last month!

I have hit my 1000km, that's 600miles to you guys, and am so happy with all the feelings I get from this bike. What a revelation in motorcycle riding!
As I'm sure you will attest and others as well - this is one amazing piece of machinery!

That meetup in Nebraska would be very enjoyable but it IS 1500 miles so for me at least, it would take some planning. You never know!

·
Registered
Urban GS 2021
189 Posts
Good morning L. lets talk tires for a moment. I know you must be just going crazy to start wearing down the edges of yours.

It is funny to me now that I have the Bean under me, the most fun I ever had with a bike was my Honda XL 250 running Dunlap K 90's. They were the best at the time for dual sport riding. I would go out, after riding down the freeway, take my headlight, and anything else I could off at the track and race. Then put everything back on and drive home.

Out where I grew up there is a lot of hard pack and adobe which means that dry it is like riding on concrete and wet it is like riding in glue. When I wore out my Honda I went over to street rides and started racing and that is what I did for years so I lost some of that going back and forth from dirt to street versatility that I really loved.

Going fast, REALLY fast, was my 'drug' of choice and with my GXR 1100 took massive doses every chance I could. LOL But I started to miss that 'going back and forth' that my little Honda 'Sara', let me have. Now fast forward a couple of years, okay decades, and we have the Bean. I fully plan on getting a spare set of wheels so that I can swap back and forth from dual sport tires, like the Metz I have now and a more road worthy tire for the long rides that I know will be mostly street.

The stock tires I have now, a little sketchy going in hard on the turns, okay for the street, other than they are noisy, but great for fire roading. I just need to chill a bit more diving in on the concrete twisties and enjoy the scenery heading up to those fire roads and trails.

So my final word on tires, don't have one yet!!! However, I will keep you posted as the miles build.
YOU ... my good friend ..... are a CRAZY guy !!!!! :devilish:

I'm happy to know you.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts