BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
139 Posts
Hey L. I think you were talking about the charcoal can removal, well I mounted some new running lights on the Bean and while I was at it I took the can out.

Charcoal-Can-Removal.png

Going - Going - Gone​
It wasn't to much of a job other that pulling the tank off but if you are careful and have four hands it can be done. Just remember that you will have electric plug, and two hoses coming out of the tank, (they are a vent line, and a overfill line and the tank gauge), that you will need to pull/plug back off/on the tank and then run the vert lines run out to the ground. I just repurposed the tubing that was there.

And the lights you ask.... I had my lil truck in the driveway just in front of where I was working on Bean and did a quick light test and melted the plastic off the truck bumper....o_O

Kidding of course but the lights, Baja Designs S2 Pro, throw down 2500 lumen's each. BAM that is a lot of light and they look pretty good as well.
New-Lights.png

Reactions: LWIRWA

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Scrambler
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Hey L. I think you were talking about the charcoal can removal, well I mounted some new running lights on the Bean and while I was at it I took the can out.

View attachment 145278
Going - Going - Gone​
It wasn't to much of a job other that pulling the tank off but if you are careful and have four hands it can be done. Just remember that you will have electric plug, and two hoses coming out of the tank, (they are a vent line, and a overfill line and the tank gauge), that you will need to pull/plug back off/on the tank and then run the vert lines run out to the ground. I just repurposed the tubing that was there.

And the lights you ask.... I had my lil truck in the driveway just in front of where I was working on Bean and did a quick light test and melted the plastic off the truck bumper....o_O

Kidding of course but the lights, Baja Designs S2 Pro, throw down 2500 lumen's each. BAM that is a lot of light and they look pretty good as well.
Sweet, you need knee pads on that Bean ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why, my knees are always dragging on the ground...... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Haha! I’m terrible for taking pictures. I really should do it more.
My service is tomorrow, I’ll leave it to the professionals. That and I don’t have a garage, living the condo life. So I can’t wait for tomorrow!
Still a long wait for my service, so I haven’t even been on my bike for a few days other than a short jaunt on Sunday.

You’re lucky! I can’t wait to get that taken care of and just ride!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey Mix, changing the oil and filter should be pretty easy, I will tell you all about after tonight, I had planned on a change last night but something came up. That and I spent half the night taking out my charcoal can and mounting my S2 running lights. Got them all hooked up this afternoon and will change the oil tonight.

20210720_225345.jpg

Strange Bedfellows​
That is a brand new BMW RR M sitting next to Bean. Nope, not mine, my bro brought it home, needed something while his GSA was at the shop. That thing had more carbon fiber on it than a junkyard dog has fleas. My goodness was it light, however, no thanks. I watched my bro climb off it when he got home and it took him 5 minutes before he could stand straight up...LOL

Nope wouldn't trade Bean for that at all, that and it cost $40+ large.... :eek:

Reactions: Alfodr

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Not trying to be a killjoy here, but the conversation is drifting off in a variety of a tangents as compared to it's intended purpose. You all are very welcome to post on the forum, but can I please ask that that rather than take an existing thread off-topic, that you either post on an existing thread, or create a new one in the correct section if appropriate. Thanks very much for your cooperation. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yup, sorry, I seem to be the king of drift.... thank you for the gentle push the right direction.
-Bean

Reactions: BaldyDave
161 - 167 of 167 Posts