BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2019 R Nine T
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at purchasing one of these and trying to gather as much info as possible. Called the dealer today and was told it is not available in Canada unless they have a substantial deposit, basically dealers cannot order it for stock or the showroom basically they have to have a real customer ordering it. Also was told it may be tough to get due to BMW not building a lot of new units due to Covid. When I got the option list certain option packages were only being built in December so the dealer was unsure if they would be available. He did call BMW Canada to get this information. Has anyone heard anything to substantiate what the dealer has said.

· Registered
63 Posts
I'm in Toronto and haven't seen any Urban G/S to be honest. Maybe try another dealer? I can't find that particular paint scheme on the BMW Canada website. But the Canada site is usually brutal on info anyways. I am not sure where you are located. But around the GTA, I also felt like the dealerships were lack luster sales service. I took delivery from Budds. I found them the most helpful with trade-in and price. Downtown Toronto was brutal. I would think that any capable dealer would be able to order the bike for you if it is available for sale here... but these bikes are definitely a niche purchase here.

· Registered
913 Posts
Hi, Maybe its something that I noticed and also experienced when I was looking to get another new car this past year.
We held off and didn't buy anything yet cause I believe they will be dinosaurs

I think all manufactures now are starting to go electric so there will be limited production on gas engines
especially when governments make the decisions
I also believe they won't say much cause they still want to sell vehicles and bikes until the next 3 - 5 years when big changes happen. On another note, Yes the person that said wait a month or two and get a good price on a used one is probably right. You can buy any nineT. and modify it to anything including a Yellow bike.
probably cheaper and more custom I am so happy to have a 2014 nineT. and won't give it up.

anyone old enough to remember.
the typewriter, then the Word processor, and then the computer
wasn't that the summer of 1984 :).

· Premium Member
255 Posts
I had the '88 R100GS in this black and yellow, I love what they've done with this anniversary edition. If you want it you're going to have to try hard to find one. It sounds like your dealer isn't even interested in trying to get you one unless you put a big deposit in their hands? That's their right as a business owner, lots of people talk big but then disappear. So call other dealers and see if they tell you the same thing. If you want it you might have to drive a long way to get it, I've found many BMW dealers aren't good with customer service, it's like some just don't care. Luckily I've got a good one right now, but that's no help to you because Arizona is like a billion kilometers from Canada, eh?

With my brother in 1989. Wish I'd kept this one.

Reactions: CerealOwner

· Registered
2019 R Nine T
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to worried about my dealer, they will get me one if I ask. They are a smaller BMW/Indian dealer but with great service! The big dealer in Toronto I will never set foot in there again!! Their customer service is deplorable, I've been an automotive, heavy truck and motorcycle tech for 35 years and have seen poor service but not on the level that I experienced. Wolf BMW in London Ontario is amazing, BMW Canada will only get one with a customer order. Pretty sure there will be one in my garage by summer sitting next to my Scrambler X.
Derek

· Premium Member
975 Posts
The US dropped the Urban GS after 2018 but Canada kept it right through the 2020 model year. Now the US has the Bumblebee edition on their web site and Canada has no Urbans at all. I still haven't seen a web site with the white Urban, yet there was one in the 2021 product release from BMW headquarters. I wonder what countries are getting the Urban.

As for service in Toronto and surrounding areas, yes it is pretty deplorable. People are using the Covid situation as the "I don't have to try my best" excuse. Last spring I tried 4 times to buy the Rev Counter from a local dealer. Always got voice mail when I call. Left a message with my contact info, part numbers, etc. and never heard back. Waked in to the dealer to see 3 guys sitting at the parts desk, and the phone ringing into oblivion. I guess they couldn't hear it.

Now trying to get an appointment for service. Call, get voice mail and leave a detailed message that I need to make a service appointment. They call back, I tell them I need to make a service appointment, they transfer me to service and I get voicemail. Leave a message, and 4 days later nothing. This is simple customer service 101. You get a message someone needs service, you give the message to the people in service and they call you back. It's not that hard.

· Registered
931 Posts
+1, for Wolf.
Mark the dealer-principle, is motorcycle enthusiast and he will do his best to get the bike into your garage. This is from personal experience. Due to the distance of location from Wolf, I have taken my bike to Budds at Oakville for service. John is the head honcho there and Anthony the lead tech has the expertise. Marenello BMW on Steeles are good for parts and others have said for service too. No clue about Downtown BMW, as I have not been there. Most independent shops hesitate to touch BeeEms.
That has been my experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.