BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Urban G/S
76 Posts
The only other point that hasn't been mentioned here yet is that the scrambler has a higher seat.
Classic seat height 805mm
Scrambler seat height 820mm

So if you are taller the scrambler maybe more comfortable, as other have said take a test ride on both and see which one makes you grin the most.

·
Registered
2020 BMW R Nine T Option 719
43 Posts
Why are you even asking? Ride what moves you! If you love the bike, you'll enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,773 Posts
Having both feet on the ground is over rated.. :D

Great video! Huge respect for her and other riders with short legs and tall bikes. (y)

I was on my toes for years with my old VFR 800. Could flatfoot one side at a time, or I would be on my toes with both feet down - or maybe the balls of my feet when wearing boots. I was used to it and it was fine. So I don't really need to be able to flatfoot a bike, but like I said it is nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ridden both and thought the classic was a much better bike. The suspension is great. I liked it so much I just bought a 2019 Classic with just 1,200 miles on it. It's like new and I'm loving it. It cost less than a 2020 scrambler that had 8,000 mile on it. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Lots of good advice but the best advice is … just ride, and I don’t mean around the block… take the bike out for 45 minutes anyway … take it back, sit down for 15 minutes then take out the other for an additional 45 minutes … unless I’m wrong (rarely but it does happen)
you’ll know the answer 15 minutes into the second ride. What feels better ? I hear all this chatter about tubless tires…. Stand back 20’ and look at a Classic Wire Wheel next to a tubeless one. I do agree, if your going to do off road ..tubeless is the ticket .. their just so damn ugly when next to a Classic Wire. I guess you figured out by now that I ride a Classic
2015 and I ride Her hard too. I’ve had one (that’s one (1)) flat tire in over 5 years of riding almost daily. I ride in any conditions but rain. The Classic is admittedly a fancy road bike but what a beautiful moto in Classic … doesn’t come any more beautiful. You’ve got a tough choice.. make-IT
You won’t go wrong either way ………….Blitz

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new on the forum and not sure if there is a thread that covers my question -- if there is, please direct me to it.

I have been considering purchasing an RNT for 5 years now and finally am in a position to acquire one.

I have been in love with the looks of the Scrambler model but will mainly be using it on roads (although it would be nice to have the option to take it on gravel if need be as I live in rural Ontario, Canada).

I am debating between the Scrambler and the Classic.

I would like a bike that is agile, safe and responsive to ride.

I am not so keen on doing mods and would like to purchase something I can keep as-is for life.

Is there any reason one would consider the Classic over the Scrambler?

Thanks in advance!

S
Hi , i think the scrambler is very capable.. Please see link to youtube:

It starts off about the tyres but shows some track time.. I was only about 10sec slower on the scrambler than i am on husqvarna nuda 900 and mv f3 800. So considering what the R9T is, i believe thats pretty good over average lap times of about 1min 50secs .. Of course there are plenty riders quicker than me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I own a R9T Classic and love the looks of my bike. I did check out the 2022 Scrambler on the BMW website and I have to say I like the looks of the new Scrambler. Check out their "start engine" sound track. You have a tough decision.
I also really like the look of the scrambler but having looked at both styles of RNineT - I couldn't get the deal I needed on a scrambler and to me the scrambler is more about the 'styling' and not pure off-road capability. Suspect that you will be happy with either version - the deal on the day might just influence you (as it did me).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just take a test ride and see which one suits your needs best, the Scrambler/UGS with the taller seat feel like a bigger bike, but the classic seat is slightly wider so maybe more comfortable if your shorter.. I've owned a classic, a racer, and now an UGS.. None are superior to the other, just a bit different :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought one yet?
I've got both, one is my oldest son's but I ride them both quite a bit. As others have mentioned the classic has some advantages over the scrambler, but nothing I think would make the decision for you or anyone. They feel very similar to me, but I tend to enjoy the scrambler a bit more in terms of look and feel. HOWEVER, my classic is an older one that came without the latest Euro tuning and electronic (versus) cable throttle. When it comes to that part the 2020 and older bikes have a clear advantage IMO. I'd look for an older model of either and buy that one that strikes your fancy.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts