BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just added a 2021 Scrambler to the garage to compliment a 2016 Classic (comparisons in other posts). In most of the literature, it says that 4 ride modes are available: Dyna(mic), Road, Dirt, and Rain. It says it may be model specific or an "option" too. Dirt is only for the Scrambler and Urban GS? Anyhow, our Scrambler is missing Dynamic. Is it an "option" on any/all NineTs? If it is, it is a flashing/reprogramming option (ala KTM Track Pack) or a dongle option (ala most other BMWs)? If it is just missing, did the Scrambler trade out Dyanmic for Dirt? Or, is there some trickery where you just don't get Dynamic as an option until after the break-in period/miles? Anyhow, curious as to how/if we can get Dynamic on the Scrambler and if it is worth fretting. Road seems a little soft overall and I have really appreciated Dynamic on other BMWs I have owned and ridden.
Once the question is answered, you can feel free to throw this thread in the weeds to bash or support throttle-by-wire;)

·
Registered
2021 bmw R nine T Pure
36 Posts
Hey!
Mai I have a 2021 pure. I have rain road and dynamic.For like dynamic mode was an option it was part option package that included the head grips, DTC, adaptive headlight, the pro ride mode (dynamic) and cruise control. So I assumeit’s the package you’d need to get but also seems it could be already in the system and just need a bypass

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! We have the same package with cruise, heated grips, adaptive headlight (meh), and DTC/ASC. So, I think we have the Ride Modes "Pro" but still no Dyna(mic). I was hoping it was a break-in sort of thing (no Dyna mode until after 600 miles), but it looks like the Scrambler gets Dirt versus Dyna in Ride Modes Pro. I supposed a call to the dealer will sort it out including whether I can add Dyna but this group is usually at least as knowledgeable as the dealers;)

·
Registered
2021 bmw R nine T Pure
36 Posts
Haha I hear that. Seems ive only been riding in dyna mode. Ever since I put the pro race exhaust on it. My god the demons that sound like that are coming out of the pipe haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I hear that. Seems ive only been riding in dyna mode. Ever since I put the pro race exhaust on it. My god the demons that sound like that are coming out of the pipe haha
We want to go the slip-on route for to get a little more sound out of it, but will do that after we get it broken in proper and find the missing Dyna mode (I ride my XR in Dyna most of the time because I am used to it and do enjoy that more direct control). Did you go full exhaust? I hear that there is a +1mm different in the exhaust diameter, but I am not sure where or if this would even be an issue when fitting a slip-on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We want to go the slip-on route for to get a little more sound out of it, but will do that after we get it broken in proper and find the missing Dyna mode (I ride my XR in Dyna most of the time because I am used to it and do enjoy that more direct control). Did you go full exhaust? I hear that there is a +1mm different in the exhaust diameter, but I am not sure where or if this would even be an issue when fitting a slip-on.
I got Dyna mode from the first start-up. The marketing blurb mentions Dirt mode as the only "Pro" mode available on the Scrambler.

It seems to do the same as Dyna mode when it comes to rider aid interventions, which is retard them, but I don't know about the throttle mapping change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are right EI:/ If anyone knows how/if I can get Dyna on a Scrambler without injuring my warranty, let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer recanted their "Dyna will be unlocked at first service" (ala RR models). Dyna isn't available in the Scrambler/Urban ECU - you get Road, Rain, and Dirt. Everything just seems a lot more sluggish than the 2016 which was wires hooked directly a throttle body versus a computer that knows 1) what you want and 2) what the environment needs:/ Again, I would trade out Rain for something with an abbreviated throttle range (ala a 1/4 turn racing throttle) and a bit less latency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts