BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out that ohlins 40mm eye width is 2mm too wide for this particular frame. Not sure if the '21 is supposed to be 38. This one is though, top and bottom.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of now. We’re in a holding pattern. Fast bike industries has been great. They are lathing down the shock eyes. More to come.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like those 2v valve covers, in my opinion they’re the classiest option available. Glad they’re still available for the 2021.
they are a new part number. Cooling fins added and alternate sp lead routing

77 12 1 540 883 – Left 77 12 1 540 884 – Right

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it hard to change the rear suspension without hanging up the bike by strap ?
I don't see a way around it, unless you happen to have someone to bicep curl the bike by the subframe while you remove and install the shock. I'm also disinclined to let it bottom out without a shock.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,893 Posts
I don't see a way around it, unless you happen to have someone to bicep curl the bike by the subframe while you remove and install the shock. I'm also disinclined to let it bottom out without a shock.
I changed my rear shock out using a Bursig stand, which makes any maintenance, or repair a breeze.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
58 Posts
Wow that’s what we say in Britain is’ not pissing about’.

all I’ve done with mine is put a new seat screw on for 11 quid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see! Thank you ! As i only got the pit bull rear wheel stand as yours, thats why i'm asking.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yesterday big learn was that the '21 has an m12 shock bolt. this does not appear to be widely understood as the parts catalogs and tech data have not been updated at ohlins or the after marketers
lots more to follow

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I don't think it is the cost of the forks clouding my judgement, but the new front end is so choice, if you have the means I highly suggest doing this mod.
evotech tidy with euro light is done, 2v covers were a snap. Ohlins steering damper was simple but spendy mod. Its dude jewelry. Last thing will be finding mounting parts for a skid plate.

I'll find out more today about the shock. I suspect there will be a redesign, in which case I may have one to fit up to '20 for a bargain shortly.

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The good folks at Fast Bike Industries sent out new shock bushings to accommodate the m12 shock bolt. Install tonight!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts