BMW NineT Forum banner

350 bmw voucher

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Will 
#1 ·
Hey, so after having a few issues with a bmw dealer and a replacement that should have happened under warrenty, I got a call today to say they have put a £350 credit on my account. so i wanted to see what you guys would recommend using this on, im not due a service till april and i know they said it will have a time limit to use it...

I was thinking of purchasing something direct from them / upgrade parts instead...

what would you recommend? i was thinking of maybe getting the akrapovic stainless headers and paying an additional 160 towards them.... I would have bought headers at a later date anyway so thought it might be worthwhile? Im assuming they can order these parts in if they are available on their online store....
Akrapovic Optional Manifold BMW R nineT (2014-2015) Stainless Steel E-B12R5 buy cheap at bmw-motorrad-store.com

any other recommendations? I already have the tail hump, heated grips, tank bag etc...

cheers!

#3 ·
Yep go for the headers. Slightly pricey but the difference in sound will be worth it. You may get a 10% customer discount if you ask as well. I do on a lot of stuff I order through the Dealership [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Members have done the step to catless leaders without any engine changes and seem to be happy enough.

Personally I'd stick a Booster Plug in the injection system which will richen the AFR by around 6%. It is simple plug-in install (see my guide elsewhere) and will keep your engine running nicely with some improvements on throttle control thrown in for good measure.

The Booster Plug can be installed in 20mins. And is just as quickly uninstalled should you ever need to do it.

Reactions: Will
#9 ·
Hey will, the headers are a great mod specially catless, as Baldy states the BP will basically assure you that the bike will run perfectly without the cat. I have remus catless and installed a booster plug and I run completely open no mufflers ,no baffles nothing and have no issues except the spectacularly loud and beautiful sound that comes out, Harley guys turn to ask what the heck you have in there !!! Enjoy

#11 ·
Loud right enough, I can hear you from Scotland!!!!! :signlol:

The great thing about the BP is it does a good job, doesn't cost much, easy to install/uninstall plus you can sell it on here (very quickly it seems) if you decide to go for a remap later.

#12 ·
also are there any prices on this clip on style that bmw are bringing out for the racer....

wonder if it will be as good/ better than the aftermarket versions available... obviously not adjustable but ride height and install should be pretty straight forward too!

#15 ·
just incase anyone was interested in doing the above (using the racer clip on style setup) they wont fit the original r nine t due to the diameter being different.... the forks are not upside down and as such will not fit! abm seems to be the best route still!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.