BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R NineT - Blue Planet Metallic w/ 719 billet options
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wasn't long before I wore out the Metzeler's on my 2018 R NineT I purchased in March. The rear is toast and front not far behind. Knowing I did not want to keep the tubed setup, I decided the best bet is to bite the bullet and plunk down the coin for the newly released BMW 719 R NineT tubeless wheelset. These are set to arrive in about 2-3 weeks from Germany.

·
Registered
2018 r nine t pure
48 Posts
Nice, I'm debating whether or not to take a similar plunge, swapping my cast wheels for OEM scrambler spoke wheels. BTW I think yours is my favorite paint scheme. It makes the usd fork a little more integrated into the look.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,234 Posts
Nice! As much as it stinks having to buy new tires often, it's good to be riding so much you need a new set!

As for wheels, one reason I bought my 2020 Pure was it had the cast wheels. I did not want spokes and tubes, but if the tubeless wheels had been available then I might have chosen differently. Looking forward to seeing how the new set looks on your R9T!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey Viper, your pen stripe paint scheme looks good with the gold forks and tail piece.
I’m with Tim, I want to see the spoke configuration before I can say I’m interested. I’ve had no issues with the tubes, I’m working on my third set of tires trying different brands and compounds. No road flats yet, but I only bother to carry tire irons and tubes on road trips of more than 100 miles out, my tow service wont come after me past that. If they can make a spoked rim like the original but tubeless I’m in. The tubeless spoke wheels with the wide set spokes looks weird, I don’t like it at all. ….Blitz - -

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I ordered my 2021, the tubeless wheels were an absolute must. I’ve had my fair share of punctured tires and dealing with that on a tubeless setup is a breeze. Plus, they’re lighter and look cool 😎

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BMW Motorrad Classic Option 719 Tubeless Wheel Set K21 RnineT 2016-202

Here is the link so you can see all the detailed pictures of these wheels. I'm looking forward to less rotating mass and tubeless. Should make the R NineT quite a bit more nimble, better acceleration, etc. Will post pics when they arrive. Now what to do with the stock wheels is the question...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How long did your tires last? My rear made it to about 10k, front to 20k miles!
I got the bike with 3000 miles on it and the tires looked brand new. 2000 miles later and the edges are about done with the rear going to show cords soon in the center. I tend to ride a little spirited though. Can't wait to get these new wheels!

mixedup and 7DayMonk_ - Wheels look great on yours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts