BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this new style fairing from Ilmberger a while back, and thought it might be of interest.
Given how much most of us like the racer fairing, this is pretty close without having to fabricate your own mounting system.

I of course have nothing to do with the company, nor have even purchased one of their products (YET) and have no first hand experience regarding quality, customer service etc..
This particular one hasn't popped up here, so I thought it might be a good alternative for those looking into a windscreen or fairing.

https://www.ilmberger-carbon.de/Carbon/Carbon_Motorrad/BMW/R_nineT_2014-16/Front-fairing-90S-Style-incl-windshield-BMW-R-Nine-T-.aspx

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,954 Posts
Looks OK but (as expected) being carbon fibre, it is expensive and the mounting bracket is extra.

I have their CF hugger and the quality is excellent, however as much as I like Carbon Fibre parts I think a CF fairing is a bit overkill and I think I'd more prefer a lower price GRP fairing that I could paint to match the tank.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,539 Posts
That's a really nice shape, would go well on the Classic nineT without looking too sporty. :eek:k:
But I agree with @BaldyDave that carbon is an overkill, unless you do more parts across the bike.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I agree with @BaldyDave that carbon is an overkill, unless you do more parts across the bike.
Truth be told, I agree with the both of you.:)
I don't care for the look of carbon fiber on the 9T.
If I were to buy one of these, or even the retro hugger, I would either paint or vinyl wrap it.

As far as cost, it certainly is not an inexpensive option, but it is priced about the same as the Wunderlich Daytona fairing, and looks better IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, has anyone tried this fairing?

I love the looks of it but would like to hear about the performance.

thanks
Rex

·
Registered
170 Posts
No other fearing comes close to Daytona by W. It's by far the most well rounded, well built and looks way better then any other fairing I have ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
768 Posts
OK - so I've taken a Valium, now tell me how much, please.
Big Bucks for new!

In US Dollars, you're looking at $900 (before tax) Daytona Fairing, Black
And that's not including shipping.

Less Bucks Used.

Ebay have them and there are a couple right now, here's one for $400 US (not including shipping).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts