BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having some floods along our River Murray in South Australia so I took a ride to have a look. About 50% of the ride was gravel roads but finished with a ride through one our hills roads which is about 20 minutes from home.
Water Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt

A flooded road along the river

Water Plant Sky Natural landscape Natural environment

There is a caravan park in there somewhere
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Land vehicle

My bike at a flooded road

The fun ride through the hills near home. If you look closely you can see where I had a front wheel slide over the white lines in about the first second or so. The tyres are Conti Trail Attack 3 that have generally performed well so I was surprised at the slide. The camera is just a motorcycle 'dash cam' which is why the quality is not so good.
Its a good fun bit or road though :)
Cheers
Ozgordo

Premium Member
We're having some floods along our River Murray in South Australia so I took a ride to have a look. About 50% of the ride was gravel roads but finished with a ride through one our hills roads which is about 20 minutes from home.
View attachment 161029
A flooded road along the river

View attachment 161030
There is a caravan park in there somewhere
View attachment 161031
My bike at a flooded road

The fun ride through the hills near home. If you look closely you can see where I had a front wheel slide over the white lines in about the first second or so. The tyres are Conti Trail Attack 3 that have generally performed well so I was surprised at the slide. The camera is just a motorcycle 'dash cam' which is why the quality is not so good.
Its a good fun bit or road though :)
Cheers
Ozgordo
Nice run @Ozgordo 鈥︹ I really enjoyed that scramble 鈥 I watched it on a big screen and almost fell off my bar stool (again) nice run - nice rush. BeWell and stay UpOn2 鈥︹. Share some more vids when you have time 鈥︹︹︹︹︹. Blitz

Registered
2015 BMW R nine T 2018 BMW 1200GSA Rallye, 2018 BMW R1200R Sport, 2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
I was going to do the same ride a couple of weeks back but my riding buddy has a VFR 1200 and didn't fancy the dirt roads! I don't think any of the ferries were operating either so we couldn't cross unless we went down to Murray Bridge. We ended up going up through the Barossa and stuck to bitumen instead. I'm up in Singapore this week and watching the locals navigate their way through traffic on bikes is something to see.
And, I actually saw my very first R18 on the road, not in a showroom. Something I wouldn't have bet on up here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the dirt roads are easy 80kph ones with plenty of room. There was just one, that can easily be avoided, that was slow at 40-50kph. Most of it was on the Murraylands road from Blanchtown to Mannum with some detours to get close to the river. Overall it was a fairly easy and fun ride.
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scramblers can go off paved roads. Here is another video of my short ride this time along a gravel road. Its an average quality road and for those who don't know South Australia this is about 5km from our largest river, which is in flood. We are a dry place!
Ive shortened the video just to give a taste or riding the Scrambler on gravel roads.
Cheers
Ozgordo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts