BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having some floods along our River Murray in South Australia so I took a ride to have a look. About 50% of the ride was gravel roads but finished with a ride through one our hills roads which is about 20 minutes from home.
Water Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt

A flooded road along the river

Water Plant Sky Natural landscape Natural environment

There is a caravan park in there somewhere
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Land vehicle

My bike at a flooded road

The fun ride through the hills near home. If you look closely you can see where I had a front wheel slide over the white lines in about the first second or so. The tyres are Conti Trail Attack 3 that have generally performed well so I was surprised at the slide. The camera is just a motorcycle 'dash cam' which is why the quality is not so good.
Its a good fun bit or road though :)
Cheers
Ozgordo

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the dirt roads are easy 80kph ones with plenty of room. There was just one, that can easily be avoided, that was slow at 40-50kph. Most of it was on the Murraylands road from Blanchtown to Mannum with some detours to get close to the river. Overall it was a fairly easy and fun ride.
Cheers

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scramblers can go off paved roads. Here is another video of my short ride this time along a gravel road. Its an average quality road and for those who don't know South Australia this is about 5km from our largest river, which is in flood. We are a dry place!
Ive shortened the video just to give a taste or riding the Scrambler on gravel roads.
Cheers
Ozgordo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts