BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
R NineT 2016
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Hello tmast,
Thanks a lot for your post, which unfortunately confirms my initial analysis: The PVM / ACSchnitzer 6 inches wheels have a design flaw. They have manufactured the 6 inches AC S10 rear rim with the offset-center of the 5,5 inches.
If they were honest, they should replace for free these misaligned rear wheels. In case of accident not sure that AC and TÜV will not have legal problem.
And if they want to sell also their AC S10 wheels in UK where wheels alignment is checked ;)

I add that in my case, there is no fare option like 5Y as there is no AC S10 in 5,5 inches. That for sure would have been my initial choice to stay with stock tire size. And not with a 180 on this 6 inches because of muffler clearance :(
By the way, I also recognize that the wheels are very nice and dynamic. So this unacceptable problem is really a pity and a scandal with regard to the price.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Perhaps the designer of the wheels came from the car department?

·
Registered
R NineT 2016
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Perhaps ;)
or perhaps they don’t want to pay for a new CNC machine program dedicated to a centered 6 inches rim.
or this rear wheel has been designed for an old R1200 model which could have a different swing arm than our R9T ?

·
Registered
2020 Nine T Classic
70 Posts
I was seriously interested in the Schnitzer wheels conversion but after really all that thread I definitely don’t want to face the same problem ! Too bad they looked so good :cry:
Out of interest, does anyone knows if the BST carbon wheels could suffer the same misalignment issue ?
they are also only available in 6“ and where not originally designed for the 9T. I believe that the aluminium hub is specific to our bike but the rest of the wheel, not so sure ?

·
Registered
R NineT 2016
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Another fresh option for tubeless wheels are the latest BMW Option 719 wheels...
But in my case I don't know yet if there are compatible with 2015 model.
Perhaps having someone in the forum has the answer ?

·
Registered
R NineT 2016
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks NateE,
It's a pity. I would have bought them if were compatible 😥

·
Registered
2020 Nine T Classic
70 Posts
Here is a photo dug out of a post by @wyoplinker on a BST Carbon wheels conversion :

To me it looks like the 6" BST wheel is centered to the plate and hump, so maybe BST actually figured out the 6" extension ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just ordered these wheels. When they arrive I will let you know if mine is also not centered.

·
Registered
R NineT 2016
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hello NateE,

I hope for you that they have fixed the issue...
I look forward to the sanction !

41 - 50 of 50 Posts