BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Racer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me if they have taken the baffle and wadding out of the Shotguns??
I have just bought a second hand tail piece but it has a small dent at the Ackrapovic logo on the end can. I though if it was easy enough I would take baffle out and repair the dent.
Thoughts please.
Adrian

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
732 Posts
What year is the exhaust from?
Baffles are easily removable on bikes Jan 2016 and before - Euro3 spec.
Euro4 spec bikes have non-removable baffles - unless you get the drill out.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Racer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will look on the exhaust for the date made.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What year is the exhaust from?
Baffles are easily removable on bikes Jan 2016 and before - Euro3 spec.
Euro4 spec bikes have non-removable baffles - unless you get the drill out.
I think he's talking about the internal packing, that would gain access to the inside, and possibly punch out the dent.

Here's a thread I found that someone did it a while back: Removing Stock Exhaust internals

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I think he's talking about the internal packing, that would gain access to the inside, and possibly punch out the dent.

Here's a thread I found that someone did it a while back: Removing Stock Exhaust internals
I did it and it’s not such a big deal. I ride a 2015 Classic. I posted my experience in someone’s thread and there are many others. I’ll see if I can find it and link you later. The bike sound great too. Euro3/4 are just more difficult, not impossible. Check the regulations in your state or country about such mod’s because they will not give you a new inspection certificate next time it’s due if it’s not allowed, and I understand the tickets and fines in some countries is very expensive. At this time there are no regulations on muffler types or levels of noise for motorcycles in Texas. We can’t split lanes but we can make all the noise we want. GBT ! .......Blitz ✌

1 - 6 of 6 Posts