BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone offer any advise/experience of fitting an aftermarket screen to a Racer? I'm currently thinking of fitting a Wunderlich screen as it looks as though it may be the tallest available.

I find there can be quite a bit of buffeting at high speed on the motorway and I'm hoping a replacement screen may reduce this. I am conscious any additional protection could also result in more strain on your arms etc., so any experience before I buy would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
136 Posts
+1 for opinion from anyone with first hand experience with a taller screen...

I was looking at the Puig, which is modest money (75 quid from M&P in the UK) but apparently only a 25mm increase in height. Mainly I like the way a dark tint screen looks against the white bodywork.

The one used by Nine T racer Nate Kern seems to be made by Gustavsson in the States, and is quite a bit taller (and more expensive at $229).

Comparison of their tallest screen with the stock Racer (see attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone offer any advise/experience of fitting an aftermarket screen to a Racer? I'm currently thinking of fitting a Wunderlich screen as it looks as though it may be the tallest available.

I find there can be quite a bit of buffeting at high speed on the motorway and I'm hoping a replacement screen may reduce this. I am conscious any additional protection could also result in more strain on your arms etc., so any experience before I buy would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Andy
Dude for the price, fit, finish, and overall looks the Puig Double Bubble windscreen is a good choice. Wunderlich screen is less expensive than Gustaffsons,also more functional (tall), but not the best looking for street

1 - 3 of 3 Posts