BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and can't seem to find a tutorial on removing the baffle/glass from this can. Has anyone here done that? I'd appreciate a 101 if anyone has been successful doing it.

Thanks.
Akrapovic.PNG

·
Registered
2011 R1200RT - 2015 RNineT
190 Posts
It is a db killer on glass. There is a bolt located inside of a hole in the carbon fiber end cap, most likely allen head. I'd suggest using some penetrating oil on the db killer before trying to remove it, don't bend it.

My bike has a full Titanium header with the sport can, it is too loud with the db killer removed and barely tolerable with it in...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Excuse me... what is it a "db killer on glass". I have the exact exhaust on my Pure and I also want to get rid of the baffle.

·
Registered
2011 R1200RT - 2015 RNineT
190 Posts
db killer, no glass in mine. As described above, you should have a hole in the carbon fiber tip that you can access the bolt that holds it in place. I bought my bike used and the previous owner had misplaced the db killer and bold, I had to source a new one as it was too loud for me on extended rides.

I also have a full Remus, headers and can, on my R12RT which has the except same engine. It is much quieter with the db killer removed than the Akra is with the db killer in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts