BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have search in the forum for this information, but I did not find. If there is any discussion about this please let me know.
I want to install the new Akrapovic titanium black exhaust 2020 low slip on line “part S-B12S017” + optional header titanium “part E-B12E3” + link pipe titanium “part L-B12S08T”. I have a bmw r NINET 2019, I read on the akrapovic site, that I need to remove the pillion passenger frame on the Scrambler, do any one know if this apply to the r ninet standard model?
Thank You

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure 2018
17 Posts
Hi Jose. I have a 2018 Pure and am also interested in the same low slip on & link pipe. Maybe later I'll consider the header. Your complete titanium system should be superb. I'm about to price up the units and will ask for you. My reading on the Akrapovic site is that you would not have to remove the pillion passenger frame as with the Scrambler.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You Ian_H. hank I will look for this upgrade late August, I will let you know about that.

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure 2018
17 Posts
Noted Jose. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks too Ian. The AKrapovic on your bike looks superb! With my Pure, I had the tank, front guard & cylinder heads painted black. I thought the BLACK Akrapovic can would compliment but I'm anxious not to end up with a bike that sounds too "hoonish" if you follow me. With past bikes (incl my old R1100RS) and a W800 I had STAINTUNE pipes fitted. I found they "opened up" things somewhat and their sound was relatively deep and easy to live with. I actually don't mind the stock Pure exhaust I have now but I'd be keen to hear from you Ian as to how you find the Akrapovic in view of my above comments. Another wild thought I had was to fit the dual stock cans from the stock R9T as they seem to sound superb! (I don't know where I'd get these). Did you also have the header pipe done?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Hank.
My bike is the Sport version that came with the HP Akrapovic exhaust as standard. It's a Euro3 bike with removable baffles. Which came removed.
I did the flapperectomy, added the Akra titanium headers, then got a BrenTune.
Of course loudness is relative.
My bike is fairly loud. I ride with earplugs (always have).
I've been on a tour of Wales a couple of times with friends - at least one complains he won't ride behind me for more than 30 minutes.
I love the colour the exhaust goes.
(That previous photo was a stock one BTW - here's mine)

·
Registered
448 Posts
And by the way - you should be able to get the stock double shotgun end cans on eBay easily enough.
Plenty of people upgrade.

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure 2018
17 Posts
Thanks Ian. The pipe colours are superb! ...as is your bike!
Thanks for your input

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure 2018
17 Posts
Thanks for going to the trouble for me Ian. I'm getting very close to probably moving to the muffler initially (ie retain the original headers for now). Will let you know how I go. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts