BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have done this the wrong way round... that is buying stuff THEN asking members if they have ever bought them and are they any good... anyway, I’ve spent about £150 on engine bars and a rear rack from AliExpress... a rack on eBay that looks identical is £165 same for engine bars... I should have asked the knowledgeable folk on here before buying ... they might be Ok. I’ll let you know when I get them. ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, it is a risk but i also have the small tail from them and i'm perfectly satisfied 😉✌

·
Registered
2018 r nine t pure
9 Posts
Be VERY careful with the crash bars - a couple people have endured severe damage to their bikes with crash bar installations.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Aliexpress sells cheap knock offs of name brand products that are made in China. The knock offs are typically made of cheaper materials and don't fit without some "modification". I'm interested to hear your review of the Aliexpress engine crash bars and their rear rack.

·
Registered
MY18 Urban GS
45 Posts
I have the cheapest crash bars I could find on Ali (about 69 AUD if I remember right) and they work a treat. The install took a few min longer than expected but nothing drastic at all. I ride offroad with my UGS and the bars take a good beating.... Very happy so far. Bit of black paint over the scars after (most) rides and all is good.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
324 Posts
Search functions on smartphones must work very differently in the UK, since you apparently searched for "d cup bra," but came up with a motorcycle luggage rack. :LOL:
If you think about it, that’s actually what crash bars are - support for a pair of big, well, kinda voluptuous, you know...

·
Registered
R nine t 2014
54 Posts
Aliexpress sells cheap knock offs of name brand products that are made in China. The knock offs are typically made of cheaper materials and don't fit without some "modification". I'm interested to hear your review of the Aliexpress engine crash bars and their rear rack.
Never had a problem. Most things are made in China anyway so quite often you are paying more for the same thing with a badge on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts