• Wunderlich air box protective covers
  • Motodemic adaptive LED headlight
  • Evotech oil cooler guard
  • CSS Tank Pads

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's superb! Can I ask your total spend on the mods?
thank you! I shudder to think how much I’ve spent.

The Ohlins forks, suspension and damper were close to $4,000 installed - that was by far the biggest and most meaningful spend. It has made a tremendous amount of difference to the way the bike handles

That said I have to between 8-10k all in with all the bits and bobs which is completely ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
thank you! I shudder to think how much I’ve spent.

The Ohlins forks, suspension and damper were close to $4,000 installed - that was by far the biggest and most meaningful spend. It has made a tremendous amount of difference to the way the bike handles

That said I have to between 8-10k all in with all the bits and bobs which is completely ridiculous.
Ouch! If it’s any consolation your bike is close to perfect. Have you ordered the Kineo’s yet? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch! If it’s any consolation your bike is close to perfect. Have you ordered the Kineo’s yet? :)
thank you again. I sold a Jeep that I had been holding onto, but hadn’t driven in a while and used the proceeds on the bike and the mods - which I’m using a lot more!

The Kineo’s will have to wait a while as I’ve basically run out of cash!

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's a good looking bike, nice work! I'm sure a lot of us can relate to spending a bit more than is sensible!

Do you have a favourite mod?
I've always liked the idea of the weisertechnic signals and if they were a bit smaller I think they very nearly could have ended up on my bike .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it has to be the Ohlins suspension. It has made a significant difference to the way the bike rides.

I’m also a fan of the Weisertechnic lights. I agree they are a little large as they replace the factory bulbs, but I was going more for safety/visibility and was ready to compromise on visual aesthetics and keep the factory housing.

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
Lovely looking bike! Well done! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Finished my 'final' mods today. So far the list is:

• Rizoma front fender in black
  • Rizoma petrol cap in black
  • Rizoma swingarm plug
  • Rizoma left and right side frame plugs
  • Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors
  • Rizoma B-Pro bar end mirror 7/8" adapter in black
  • Rizoma bar end adapter BMW R Nine T
  • BMW Option 719 Storm lever set
  • BMW Option 719 Storm reservoir caps
  • BMW Option 719 Storm rearset
  • BMW Option 719 Storm passenger footpegs
  • BMW Roland Sands engine cover
  • BMW Roland Sands handlebar riser clamp
  • BMW carbon cover for Intake snorkle
  • BMW carbon trim for throttle Body
  • BMW cylinder head covers in black
  • BMW machined oil filler neck lid
  • Ohlins FGRT 227 front forks
  • Ohlins BM650 rear suspension
  • Ohlins SD044 steering damper
  • Puig rear tyre hugger
  • Baak Motorcyclette leather square patterned seat in black
  • Daedalus Design tail tidy
  • Weiser Extreme 2-in-1 LED driving light/turn signal
  • Weiser Extreme 2-in-1 LED Brake Light/Turn Signal
  • Wunderlich rear tail bag
  • CSS Tank Pads
View attachment 126718 View attachment 126719 View attachment 126720 View attachment 126721 View attachment 126722 View attachment 126723 View attachment 126725 View attachment 126726 View attachment 126727
Finished my 'final' mods today. So far the list is:

• Rizoma front fender in black
  • Rizoma petrol cap in black
  • Rizoma swingarm plug
  • Rizoma left and right side frame plugs
  • Rizoma Reverse Retro bar end mirrors
  • Rizoma B-Pro bar end mirror 7/8" adapter in black
  • Rizoma bar end adapter BMW R Nine T
  • BMW Option 719 Storm lever set
  • BMW Option 719 Storm reservoir caps
  • BMW Option 719 Storm rearset
  • BMW Option 719 Storm passenger footpegs
  • BMW Roland Sands engine cover
  • BMW Roland Sands handlebar riser clamp
  • BMW carbon cover for Intake snorkle
  • BMW carbon trim for throttle Body
  • BMW cylinder head covers in black
  • BMW machined oil filler neck lid
  • Ohlins FGRT 227 front forks
  • Ohlins BM650 rear suspension
  • Ohlins SD044 steering damper
  • Puig rear tyre hugger
  • Baak Motorcyclette leather square patterned seat in black
  • Daedalus Design tail tidy
  • Weiser Extreme 2-in-1 LED driving light/turn signal
  • Weiser Extreme 2-in-1 LED Brake Light/Turn Signal
  • Wunderlich rear tail bag
  • CSS Tank Pads
View attachment 126718 View attachment 126719 View attachment 126720 View attachment 126721 View attachment 126722 View attachment 126723 View attachment 126725 View attachment 126726 View attachment 126727
Good Lord your bike is sweet! And gotta say, that seat is gorgeous! I'm about to pull the trigger on the exact same one in Old Brown leather for my new Scrambler. Are you happy with the look/feel & fit? What year is your bike? BAAK told me that they use seat pans direct from BMW and it "should" fit my 2019 but they can't confirm whether they've sold any for a 2019 & I've yet to get a pro to confirm it. BMW Motorrad is even being wishy/washy about any differences btwn the 2019's & earlier models.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good Lord your bike is sweet! And gotta say, that seat is gorgeous! I'm about to pull the trigger on the exact same one in Old Brown leather one for my new Scrambler. Are you happy with the look/feel & fit? What year is your bike? BAAK told me that they use seat pans direct from BMW and it "should" fit my 2019 but I've yet to get a pro to confirm it. BMW Motorrad is even being wishy/washy about it.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

As far as the BAAK seat goes, it is very well made, and the quality of the leather seems to be very good. I really like how it complements the bike and gives the right 'retro' vibe. They do indeed use BMW seat pans, so the fit between the seat(s) and the frame is factory (I also have a 2019)

As far as the feel of the seat goes, I initially found it to be rather slippery; however, I believe this is because I thoroughly conditioned it with the supplied conditioner and then buffed it out. I used a lightly damped cloth to wipe it down and it is much better now.

As an aside, I had ordered the BAAK air box covers, and was very disappointed with them, as their design required screws that tapped into bike's body parts. Since they arrived long before the seat, I was concerned that the seat would disappoint, but I'm happy to say that it did not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you so much for the kind words.

As far as the BAAK seat goes, it is very well made, and the quality of the leather seems to be very good. I really like how it complements the bike and gives the right 'retro' vibe. They do indeed use BMW seat pans, so the fit between the seat(s) and the frame is factory (I also have a 2019)

As far as the feel of the seat goes, I initially found it to be rather slippery; however, I believe this is because I thoroughly conditioned it with the supplied conditioner and then buffed it out. I used a lightly damped cloth to wipe it down and it is much better now.

As an aside, I had ordered the BAAK air box covers, and was very disappointed with them, as their design required screws that tapped into bike's body parts. Since they arrived long before the seat, I was concerned that the seat would disappoint, but I'm happy to say that it did not.
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply as I've been itching badly to replace the stock bench. Unfortunate about the air box cover. I got their brushed aluminum high front fender, it is definitely quality & no additional mods...bolted right on. I was super impressed with their customer support on the fender and multiple emails regarding the seat so far so I feel better about moving forward with the seat. So happy to have a 2019-er confirm fitment. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
@TheRNineT outstanding work on the mods. Bike looks great. So if the build isn't "final", what is on deck for next up parts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@TheRNineT outstanding work on the mods. Bike looks great. So if the build isn't "final", what is on deck for next up parts?
I just got the BMW Carbon Emission Cover, and I can't wait to install it. I think (hope) it will look much better than the stock cover. Other than that, I don't have anything on tap. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I just got the BMW Carbon Emission Cover, and I can't wait to install it. I think (hope) it will look much better than the stock cover. Other than that, I don't have anything on tap. Any thoughts?
Any pictures of this carbon cover? I am running a bunch of carbon on my build but am not familiar with an emissions cover. I ended up removing the carbon canister and the flapper valve when I replaced the exhaust so maybe that is why I am ill informed.

In terms of recommended “next up” modifications, I highly recommend going with a lighter set of wheels. This transforms the attitude and performance of the R9T. If you want to maintain a spoked aesthetic then Kineo. Or for a forged aluminum option the blue HP2 race wheels are a cool options. Finally, I personally went for the BST carbon wheels to see how I liked them. They perform beautifully and look great to boot. The only downside is that every time I hit a pothole, I cringe to think about a wheel failure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any pictures of this carbon cover? I am running a bunch of carbon on my build but am not familiar with an emissions cover. I ended up removing the carbon canister and the flapper valve when I replaced the exhaust so maybe that is why I am ill informed.

In terms of recommended “next up” modifications, I highly recommend going with a lighter set of wheels. This transforms the attitude and performance of the R9T. If you want to maintain a spoked aesthetic then Kineo. Or for a forged aluminum option the blue HP2 race wheels are a cool options. Finally, I personally went for the BST carbon wheels to see how I liked them. They perform beautifully and look great to boot. The only downside is that every time I hit a pothole, I cringe to think about a wheel failure.
The Kineo's looks amazing. Time to save up!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts