BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
Such a beautiful motorcycle. I commend your decision to get this one over a triumph. They have their place, but not near here for sure. What plans do you have for it? Welcome to the asylum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No real plans other than to finish running it in, and enjoy it. I keep going into my garage just to look at it, it's beautiful.

In time, better rear damper and probably upgrade the fork cartridges - I've got an old 1998 FireBlade with Maxton at both ends and it's a joy, everything else is pretty standard on it and I love it that way.

I am considering a scrambler bench seat or something akin - maybe the /5 seat too as I quite like the propellor on the back of it, and the single seat look is a bit more 'classic' in my eyes. But I'll have to see if they're comfortable, as I don't want form over function..

Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
I'm basically in accord with you. I'm looking to enhance the ride and maybe a few functional tweaks but I'm satisfied with the way it looked out of the box.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Nine T came with a beautiful alloy tank with the visible weld, and the original black front mudguard:
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire

A cheeky eBay later had this:
Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Wheel Automotive fuel system

I also found this, from the same seller:
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel

Both off a '22 bike, never used as he did a full Pier City job on it, for a complete bargain price (in comparison to the BMW prices!)

So now the bike is like this, and I've only had it a couple of weeks:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Delighted, it's more cohesive now. I've got the exhaust hanger on the way, and then the passenger pegs/frame will be removed..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts