BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
290 Posts
Ahh you guys are killing me, that's my Bean, well okay someday when she get here...now just add the Hepco & Becker rear rack, a set of Puig crashers, a Dart bug dodger, and you have the picture of my heart. Yes all that and more is sitting here in front of my bed just waiting for the day. Still trying to figure out how to take my dog along though. Don't worry I'll be posting, or is that boasting.....:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2017 Prambler
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Was talking with one of the sales guys at the dealership. Commented on the Bumble Bee UGS they had gotten in (already sold) and he said that BMW had decided to make another 150 of the Bumble Bee UGS since the demand for the first 50 was so high. So if you missed out on one the first time, you may have a second chance.

Best,
-Tim

· Registered
290 Posts
Gotta wonder what the heck is going on here, my dealer, like some of the mentioned above also has been receiving R Nine's, however, the one I ordered back in Dec. is still a no show. I realize that many of the motorcycles that we see coming in now have been in the pipeline for some time, however, according to my paperwork mine was built in Jan. and no one has been able to give me an answer as to a delivery date.

My sales person is just as frustrated, he has talked to his boss who has talked with the BMW representatives and not one solid answer. The argument has been put forth that maybe BMW is concentrating on delivery of the high priced spread, and yet my sales person says he is getting the same run around on a couple of fully loaded GSA's, RR's and the like. Not to say that there are not some very nice examples on the floor, but if it is a dime or a dollar I would like to think that I should at least get a good answer as to what's up. A whole lot of dancing around but no music.

Ya know, that Ducati is looking pretty nice these days.....and a fair sum less $$$, just saying, BMW, if you're listening.

Reactions: mixedup

· Registered
290 Posts
Reactions: Timmyjoe

· Registered
Urban GS 2021
265 Posts
Gotta wonder what the heck is going on here, my dealer, like some of the mentioned above also has been receiving R Nine's, however, the one I ordered back in Dec. is still a no show. I realize that many of the motorcycles that we see coming in now have been in the pipeline for some time, however, according to my paperwork mine was built in Jan. and no one has been able to give me an answer as to a delivery date.

My sales person is just as frustrated, he has talked to his boss who has talked with the BMW representatives and not one solid answer.
Hey Bean ...... perhaps you can call these numbers and see if anyone can help...
It IS BMWNA after all - it's worth a try

BMW now offers the option to call the BMW Genius 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487)

OR
  • Call: (1-800) 831-1117
  • Say “Vehicle Production Status” when prompted… or at any time after the recording starts

· Registered
290 Posts
Holy Cow a Bunga, I have said before and I will say it again, you guys, no wait, YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST... Jacc883 I don't know how you got that number but I just got off the phone with a very nice lady who assigned me a case number, and said they are launching a special investigation, sounds all FBI..., into what has happened to the Bean.

In my conversation with her, she said she found the bike start/ship date but then it disappears after that and she could not find a trace. No ship number, no container, no arrival, no nada.... I gave her the info I had and still snake eyes from her end. She claimed this is very unusual, which I hope is not BMW speak for sorry we screwed up but tough nuts, and she was very very sorry that it was taking so long to deliver. Yes I got multiple sorry's out of my phone call, but she was very nice and this is the most progress I have had. So I will keep you posted as I find out which end is up and did I mention,

YOU GUYS ARE THE FREAKING GREATEST....:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
290 Posts
Yup, that is the evidence that I used with that nice lady, no if's and's or butts..... read it straight off my dealers paper work. And free, that would be nice, but at this point just having the Bean here would be even better.

· Registered
290 Posts
Welp just got off the line with our friend's at BMW....:confused: and I promised I'd share the news, remember when I commented "which I hope is not BMW speak for sorry we screwed up but tough nuts" that is kind of how it went. I talked with a very nice man this time and to make a long sad story short, he said the Bean was just put on a boat mid last week. That is June 2, let that sink in for a moment, JUNE 2, ordered in Dec. and it maybe will be delivered in June... ya, MAYBE...the very apologetic man said that would be his best guess. Blamed Covid, of course, however, he did not offer any reasons that nobody has been able to track it until now, nor did he offer any any thing in the way of soothing here ya goes, but I did get a lot of we're so sorry, and sorry for the wait, which is a little something I guess.

Soooo, I guess that is how it goes, at least now I have a maybe date to look forward to. But enough whining, I want to thank the academy, my director, and all of you wonderful people that make this possible...oh wait, sorry, I thought I was getting an award just now with that guaranteed maybe, but seriously, thanks to all of you guys, you know who I'm talking to, for your help and support trying to track the Bean down. I wouldn't even have this news if it wasn't for you.

Reactions: mixedup

· Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
794 Posts
Welp just got off the line with our friend's at BMW....:confused: and I promised I'd share the news, remember when I commented "which I hope is not BMW speak for sorry we screwed up but tough nuts" that is kind of how it went. I talked with a very nice man this time and to make a long sad story short, he said the Bean was just put on a boat mid last week. That is June 2, let that sink in for a moment, JUNE 2, ordered in Dec. and it maybe will be delivered in June... ya, MAYBE...the very apologetic man said that would be his best guess. Blamed Covid, of course, however, he did not offer any reasons that nobody has been able to track it until now, nor did he offer any any thing in the way of soothing here ya goes, but I did get a lot of we're so sorry, and sorry for the wait, which is a little something I guess.

Soooo, I guess that is how it goes, at least now I have a maybe date to look forward to. But enough whining, I want to thank the academy, my director, and all of you wonderful people that make this possible...oh wait, sorry, I thought I was getting an award just now with that guaranteed maybe, but seriously, thanks to all of you guys, you know who I'm talking to, for your help and support trying to track the Bean down. I wouldn't even have this news if it wasn't for you.
Take your case number and any info on what went down with BMW NA to your dealer and ask them if they can help you get some compensation or in-kind services/goodies for your troubles. Hopefully they can either offer you something out of their coffers in terms of parts/service or lean on BMW a bit to get you some cash off or extended service.

· Registered
135 Posts
That sucks. I’m wondering if mine is actually in Canada now (so I’m told...but would it really take >2 weeks to make it from port to a Toronto dealer?).

Will they be giving you any incentives due to the delay?

· Registered
290 Posts
Wow this post seems to be a bit spread out, my friends are responding over on the 2021 Delivery Problems side of life as well. Anyway, so I just have to say my dealership/sales person at San Jose BMW have been absolutely wonderful considering that their hands are pretty much tied, but I am keeping track of every little bit of info that I get just in case a reward for my fading patience is somehow in the works.

I did hear that BMW is looking at giving me their new 6/60 motorcycle air conditioning for riding in the hot months. You know, throw it in 6th and go down the road at 60 mph. I think at this rate of delivery, however, I may want the winter bundle instead....:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
Urban GS 2021
265 Posts
Welp just got off the line with our friend's at BMW....:confused: and I promised I'd share the news, remember when I commented "which I hope is not BMW speak for sorry we screwed up but tough nuts" that is kind of how it went. I talked with a very nice man this time and to make a long sad story short, he said the Bean was just put on a boat mid last week. That is June 2, let that sink in for a moment, JUNE 2, ordered in Dec.
Hey buddy, sorry to hear the crappy news. At least it's news - just not what you wanted to hear.
This certainly puts doubts in all our minds about delivery promises. My promise is for this friday or monday but I am preparing myself :(

I wonder why our salespeople have to wait, wait and wait before even trying to go to the top.
Why did we make it there and not them?

We are the customers first, and they, as "bike people", should be as enthusiastic or excited as us to receive the bikes, and then they should be pushing to get the delivery so that they can receive their commission !!
Am I wrong to think this way?

· Registered
290 Posts
Hey buddy, sorry to hear the crappy news. At least it's news - just not what you wanted to hear.
This certainly puts doubts in all our minds about delivery promises. My promise is for this friday or monday but I am preparing myself :(

I wonder why our salespeople have to wait, wait and wait before even trying to go to the top.
Why did we make it there and not them?

We are the customers first, and they, as "bike people", should be as enthusiastic or excited as us to receive the bikes, and then they should be pushing to get the delivery so that they can receive their commission !!
Am I wrong to think this way?
Honestly I want to believe that there is good in all people, even sales people.... and even in evil empires like BMW, I mean the guys on the floor listen to people like me whine at them, and BMW did create our spectacular forth coming rides, I mean right, there is good in there somewhere.

I think perhaps the problem is that communication, a good clear and concise form of communication, is sometimes lacking and there may be some hubris going on as defined here, "hubris, defined as overweening presumption that leads a person to disregard the divinely fixed limits on human action in an ordered cosmos".

Yes it is all to easy to blame some outside force like Covid, which has impacted us all, however, in my organization we talk about it to see what can be done. My number one rule in life, "Don't tell me what you can't do, tell me what you can do", and yes I do over explain and drive people nuts sometimes, (always), however, it is not for lack of trying to communicate.

If my sales guy was just able to give me a date from the start this process may have been better, I could have been content to wait, made other plans, or shifted gears completely. If his boss were able to give him a solid response sales would have been able to give me my options, and perhaps come out better on his end, and so on up the line.

So where am I going with this, well the world didn't end, just yet, I have met a bunch of really great like minded people, and now have a vague, maybe, sort of, delivery date to shoot for. So as Al Einstein once said, “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.” Cheers (y)

· Registered
Urban GS 2021
265 Posts
If my sales guy was just able to give me a date from the start this process may have been better, I could have been content to wait, made other plans, or shifted gears completely. If his boss were able to give him a solid response sales would have been able to give me my options, and perhaps come out better on his end, and so on up the line.
This is what I meant in terms of what is required as a salesperson ..... the willingness of a salesperson to get the right info to inform and satisfy his client to the best of his ability.
Isn't that all that is necessary in ANY business operation?

· Registered
290 Posts
Good morning all, Jacc883, I get what you mean and to that I had a long face to face with my sales person late yesterday, that whole communication thing I was ranting about. He was a upset as I am, maybe more so because I seemed to have better intel than him and it should be the other way round.

I told him about the Bean just getting on a ship June 2, and he was amazed that I was able to get this info out of BMW, he said this was just wrong, he used different words to say it... but you get the idea.

Evidently him, his boss, and whoever is on the rung above that, have been trying to get a straight answer from someone for weeks but their systems always show them the same thing, nada. He also said they have been under the gun to deliver and being in San Jose their clientele are the rich tech boys and girls who tend to very impatient. I suggested he try the numbers Jacc883 gave me..... :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with your deliveries, shame we aren't all in the same neighborhood, we could all be sitting round the table at the local Pub tossing back a root beer and grumbling with each other at BMW.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.