BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
I've got what seems to be an identical headlight but I got it from eBay at a lower price. Definitely an improvement over stock and much brighter. Only slight issue I have is a small amout of misting inside the headlight glass after a long ride, but it disappears after an hour of no use so given the low price I'm not really concerned.

Reactions: ecr9t

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got what seems to be an identical headlight but I got it from eBay at a lower price. Definitely an improvement over stock and much brighter. Only slight issue I have is a small amout of misting inside the headlight glass after a long ride, but it disappears after an hour of no use so given the low price I'm not really concerned.
Thanks Dave.

Would you have any pics by any chance ? :)

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone I bought a headlight from the site Ledperf (but it should be the same one found on other sites) and the resistance with w5w attack indicated by them to prevent the errors of the canbus. However, I have some doubts about how to install the new headlight. As shown in the attached image, the main connection of the new dish has been connected to the h4 socket of the old light. Actually high and low beams work correctly when you turn on the bike. I connected the resistance to the position light (drl) with w5w connection. In this way, however, the circular LED that corresponds to the position light (drl) which is powered by the yellow cable (the white one should be arrows) does not light up. Indeed, when the key is turned, no lamp is lit. I tried to contact technical support but for now they only told me that there is no instruction manual for this product.

·
Registered
116 Posts
...... I connected the resistance to the position light (drl) with w5w connection. In this way, however, the circular LED that corresponds to the position light (drl) which is powered by the yellow cable (the white one should be arrows) does not light up. Indeed, when the key is turned, no lamp is lit.
You need to tap only the DRL wire (which you say is Yellow) from the Headlight to the White wire from the parking light socket. (or you can tap into the blue wire from the canceller, you just need to figure out which one is positive. It doesn't matter if you tap before or after the CAN-bus in this situation.)

I personally tapped into the the White wire directly using t-taps.

You could also use W5W male pigtail connector and wire it up to the Red wire positive wire

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
555 Posts
The problem I've had with getting position lights/halos in all in one lights to work with the canbus in the R9T is although it should illuminate if you tap the positive wire for the postion light, if there isn't current returning on the neutral wire for the postion light the R9T throws a light code on my '17. And most all in one lights they just use neutral wire from the H4 connector for all of it, so I haven't tried jumping a wire across both of the neutrals

·
Registered
116 Posts
The problem I've had with getting position lights/halos in all in one lights to work with the canbus in the R9T is although it should illuminate if you tap the positive wire for the postion light, if there isn't current returning on the neutral wire for the postion light the R9T throws a light code on my '17. And most all in one lights they just use neutral wire from the H4 connector for all of it, so I haven't tried jumping a wire across both of the neutrals
agh, forgot about the year difference. Mine is a 2016, I just tapped into the positive wire from the position light and had illumination and no error messages. I guess 2017 is a bit different, but to be honest I would think if you have a canbus canceller, it wouldn't matter if you only had one positive wire from the Halo/DRL. Also the Halo light is getting the ground from the H4 plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much. At ledperf wrote me the same (connect the white cable to drl cable). I'll buy the w5w male connector and plug it after the canbus resistor. I hope everything will be fine. I'll post a pic of the finished work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tips. Worked great connecting white and yellow. My outer ring lights up orange though. In the pictures it looks white? I wasn’t expecting that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They said I must have wired it wrong but actually I like it this was and checked and found you can have an amber position light in the uk legally anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have that same headlight on my bike. I got a whole half-season of riding done before half of the halo burned out. Anyone know of a cool LED headlight that lasts?

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
@Philly Steak Have you tried to return the light under warranty?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts