BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the April Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
Nice one! Lets see the bikes, people! :)

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
324 Posts
Ok, since @BaldyDave insists, I’ll start:
IMG_1053.jpeg IMG_1051.jpeg IMG_1052.jpeg
She just makes me smile, every time.
2 dozen Rizoma-Mods: cylinder covers, rear sets, breast plate, handlebar, license plate holder sidearm, levers, indicators, mirrors, and many more bits.
Wunderlich: center stand, lowering footpeg kit, tank bag, thermometer.
Wilbers fork, dozens of parts in black, incl. headers. Sargent seat. Dakar digital gauge. Radar detector. And even more pieces.

Fav aspect: My Dad just passed away, so I just went through old picture albums to prep for the funeral speech. And I just realized that the biggest impact he really had on me was the intro to motorcycles way back. Two wheels have taken me to 60+ countries on this planet in the past 40 years, hundreds of thousands of miles, sometimes in the most remote places, by myself, sometimes with great buddies, and every time was just another amazing “moving meditation” for me.

Today, my three teenage boys all have their license, the R Nine T gets taken out quite often together (yep, the 17yo get the big bike, too, of course only under my supervision), which is a fantastic bonding experience. They now got the biker-and travel-bug as well. Next year, all three will graduate at the same time, and a father&sons farewell international bike trip is in the making. Legacies...

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
332 Posts
Here is my ride:

My favourite? The continuous grin she puts on my face by looking at her before she roars up to life, when rolling the right handle and after the ride, when I walk away, I always have to look back and stare. Simple as that!

Mods, well, a few, as seen on the photos:

BMW brushed aluminium radiator cowlings
BMW brushed aluminium airbox covers
BMW carbon ignition cover
BMW carbon snorkel cover
BMW carbon throttle body cover
BMW Machined brake and clutch expansion covers
BMW Machined belt cover
BMW Machined valve covers
BMW Machined brake and clutch levers (replaced the supplied screws with BMW torx ones)
BMW Machined rearsets (replaced all cylinder screws with BMW fillister head torx ones)
BMW Machined pillion pegs
BMW side bag holders and bags
RSR carbon front turn indicator supports
RSR carbon lower cylinder head covers
Rizoma Eccentrico rear view mirrors BS145B (detail: used the Racer handlebar brackets en lieu of the standard mirror holed-brackets)
Rizoma registration plate holder and tail tidy PT706B (replaced all hex bolts with BMW torx ones)
Rizoma black right swing arm hole plug ZBW034B
Rizoma snorkel intake
Rizoma brushed aluminium front fender (2K clear coated) (replaced all hex bolts with BMW torx ones)
Rizoma brushed aluminium rear fender (2K clear coated)
Wünderlich sidestand foot enlarger and spikes
Wünderlich cardan slider
Wünderlich front forks slider
Wünderlich anti-theft rear wheel bolt
Wünderlich centre stand (replaced all hex bolts with BMW torx ones)
Wünderlich handlebar weights (replaced the zinc bolts with BMW torx ones)
LSL Tour Match clipons (gold) (replaced all hex bolts with Porsche torx ones)
Luimoto seat covers
Ariete BMW vintage grips
Öhlins BM652 rear shock, 40mm sag, 16 clicks rebound (so much better on your bum over bumps!)
Öhlins FKS505 fork cartridges with Öhlins 1309-01 oil and Öhlins 08790-95 springs. 130mm oil level, 40mm sag, 12 clicks, reb+comp
Skyrich HJP21-FP Li-Ion battery
Antigravity Battery Tracker Lithium
Un1t Garage crash bars (replaced all hex bolts with BMW torx ones)
Occasionally, I remove the pillion frame and install the BMW brushed aluminium hump
Original side seat supports and front fender brackets painted Black Storm (2K clear coated)
Headers coated with Techline ceramic black satin coating BHK on top of HHBK base coat
Xpel film protection covering the tank
Replaced all 12 cylinder head BMW screws of the engine front plate with BMW fillister head screws due to corrosion
Rizoma Club black front indicators FR150B
Rizoma Club S black rear indicators/brake light/rear light FR155B
BMW sports exhaust
BMW low exhaust bracket and right hand side frame screw hole cover
Conversion to tubeless with Sika 291i and 3M 4411N
Fobo Bike 2 TPMS
Fobo T-Valves

·
Registered
258 Posts
My entry;

My 2018 R nine t Urban G/S.

What is my favourite aspect?
The exhaust sound and unique appearance. Cant compare the R nine T range with any other bikes.

Changes from stock:
  • Wunderlich front axle sliders
  • Wunderlich cardan slider
  • BMW headlight guard
  • Wunderlich Handguards
  • Sw motech skidplate
  • Sw motech crashbars
  • Sw motech cylinder covers
  • Boosterplug
  • Sw potentio. cover
  • Signature Costums Sticker set
  • Lights changed to Retro Yellow
  • Spotlights in retro Yellow on the sides
  • Puig numberholders / side plates
  • AC Schnitzer high mounted exhaust
  • SW motech legend gear side bag
  • Barracuda rear fender
  • Highsider Conero mirrors

·
Registered
101 Posts

2016 R NineT
What I like about it? The characteristics of the boxer engine (way it feels and sounds)

Modifications as of April 07, 2021
  • Two-Brothers Slip-On Exhaust
  • DK-Design Rear Seat Cowl
  • DK-Design Bar End-Mirror
  • Daedalus Classic Rear Tidy
  • Daedalus Swing Arm License Plate
  • Shortened OEM Handlebars by 28.5mm on each side
  • For the front indicators: BikeMaster 8 LED Turn Signals [#HE017K11] (with Rizoma indicator adapter [#FR221B])
  • DayMaker LED Headlight (Model: 67700430A)
  • Black\silver 70mm Tank Emblems and 25mm cowl emblem from "I Say Ding Dong Ltd"
  • PlastiDip'd the following: Intake Cover [I also added black plastic screw caps i got locally from a hardware store], Headlight Bezel-Ring, and the carbon fiber part of the Daedalus Swing Arm License Plate

·
Registered
75 Posts

Mods are:
Daedalus tail tidy
Driven CNC clip-ons
Rizoma license plate bracket
Rizoma bar end mirrors
Akrapovic Titanium headers
Wunderlich flapper delete
ProRace GP-S1 slip-on
JCR9T Titanium intake
JCR9T air box delete/battery relocator
JCR9T carbon snorkel delete/vent
RapidBike EVO
RapidBike MyTuningBike (wideband sensor)
Continental Conti-Attack 4 tires

I just love the customizability of the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts