BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I haven’t seen many of these here so thought I’d start a collection. It'd be great to see what you’ve done with your Mars Red/Cosmic Blue.

The tank design of this 719 is arguably the most esoteric of the lot. I kept stopping on it while looking for the past few months. So a dusty, new-old bike that had sat for more than a year inside a Motorrad dealer arrived last night in my garage. This unicorn joins another unique Roadster, the S1000R, whose face only a papa could love.

I didn’t know this: BMWNA will warranty a brake-fluid renewal on a bike that has been unsold for more than 12 months. My build date was 11/2018, and I took delivery in 01/2020.

Here are some edits to come to the Mars Red above:
  • CRG Arrow mirrors/mounts
  • Black valve covers/guards
  • LEDs turn signals
  • OEM Euro taillight (the one without the glandular problem)
  • MoDoor garage-door opener (haven't decided where to place this on the bars)
  • Under-seat thumbscrew (for easier removal of the hump/passenger seat)
  • Front/rear reflector-ectomies
I'll post more photos as they get done. Sure feels great to motor on a boxer again.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Awesome ! Looks like you just pulled out of the Pitts on Man. Park it and it still looks like it’s doing 70 mph. That’s a pretty one alright ! 👍

·
Registered
209 Posts
View attachment 128653

I haven’t seen many of these here so thought I’d start a collection. It'd be great to see what you’ve done with your Mars Red/Cosmic Blue.

The tank design of this 719 is arguably the most esoteric of the lot. I kept stopping on it while looking for the past few months. So a dusty, new-old bike that had sat for more than a year inside a Motorrad dealer arrived last night in my garage. This unicorn joins another unique Roadster, the S1000R, whose face only a papa could love.

I didn’t know this: BMWNA will warranty a brake-fluid renewal on a bike that has been unsold for more than 12 months. My build date was 11/2018, and I took delivery in 01/2020.

Here are some edits to come to the Mars Red above:
  • CRG Arrow mirrors/mounts
  • Black valve covers/guards
  • LEDs turn signals
  • OEM Euro taillight (the one without the glandular problem)
  • MoDoor garage-door opener (haven't decided where to place this on the bars)
  • Under-seat thumbscrew (for easier removal of the hump/passenger seat)
  • Front/rear reflector-ectomies
I'll post more photos as they get done. Sure feels great to motor on a boxer again.

Definitely a unicorn - either love it or loathe it, it's certainly a head-turner!

And - talking of unicorns, in my many and quite extensive forays on two wheels around this vast country I have yet to see a single R9T on the road. Why is it so?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I notice the same thing around me. I’ve only seen 2 others, and they were both at the dealership. Not many in my region of the US. I saw my first in Paris back in October and have been on the hunt since. I’m a huge fan of the R 18 Concept, but, this is my entry into BMW’s until we truly see what makes it to market.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Of all the revised trims in 2019/2020 this livery is the coolest (to me). I didn't like it at first (change is scary!) but the tricolors work really well with the satin metallic finish.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
With a Flash to Open Mini Pro garage-door opener and CRG Arrow mirrors installed. The weather was too cold and windy for a demo ride today, but they look promising. To my eye, removing the stock mirror-stalks significantly declutters the cockpit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Websterize - Nice job on the reflector removal and the Bursig. Love my Bursig stand.
Thank you kindly. Today, I adjusted the adapter plate on the Bursig so that it lifts the front wheel of the bike evenly with the back, a feat I struggled to achieve after swapping plates with my S1000R. I really like the stand as well. In addition to getting the adapter dialed in for the nineT, I ticked past 400 miles today. Hopefully, the stand should make changing the engine oil/filter and the rear-drive oil a breeze ahead of the upcoming run-in service. (I'm having the dealership do the remaining service items.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Really like the blue on the pipes:
View attachment 129261
I'm also digging the Hella H87988121 clear cover on the headlight. I was worried it'd stand out, but now I don't really notice it. Putting it on the headlight is a very tight fit. I broke one of the tabs on the first one. On the second, I warmed it with a heat gun (it's winter here), making the plastic tabs more pliable. It snapped on A-OK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After about a month, the Flash to Open Mini Pro garage-door opener stopped working. I suspected the battery but upon opening the cover discovered one of the wires (the top one below) had come loose from the circuit board. I contacted Flash2Pass seeking advice on a repair/replacement but haven't heard back after a week. So back to Amazon it goes, with a prorated refund since I bought it more than 30 days ago.

Will start the search for a replacement opener, which, ideally, is no taller or wider than the back of the brake fluid reservoir and includes a large haptic button.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very pleased with the fit-and-finish of the Evotech Performance oil cooler guard, which arrived exquisitely packaged, and included easy-to-understand directions. Excellent product so far

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Picked up this black oil-filler cap yesterday while waiting for the dealer to complete the running-in service

1 - 20 of 25 Posts