I haven’t seen many of these here so thought I’d start a collection. It'd be great to see what you’ve done with your Mars Red/Cosmic Blue.
The tank design of this 719 is arguably the most esoteric of the lot. I kept stopping on it while looking for the past few months. So a dusty, new-old bike that had sat for more than a year inside a Motorrad dealer arrived last night in my garage. This unicorn joins another unique Roadster, the S1000R, whose face only a papa could love.
I didn’t know this: BMWNA will warranty a brake-fluid renewal on a bike that has been unsold for more than 12 months. My build date was 11/2018, and I took delivery in 01/2020.
Here are some edits to come to the Mars Red above:
- CRG Arrow mirrors/mounts
- Black valve covers/guards
- LEDs turn signals
- OEM Euro taillight (the one without the glandular problem)
- MoDoor garage-door opener (haven't decided where to place this on the bars)
- Under-seat thumbscrew (for easier removal of the hump/passenger seat)
- Front/rear reflector-ectomies