BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Really great, Mean Green!

But I'm still trying to get my head around that one-wheeled trailer... How does that even work?
It pivots when you turn but there’s no swivel in the hitch. It’s like a door hinge. When you lean into a turn the trailer leans with you. Google one wheel moto trailers and you’ll see dozens of variations. I’m working on one right now for this summer. There awesome. Only dilemma for the 9T is the single swing arm. The pull has to be done from the rear cage being modified pretty throughly and re-enforced from the mounts for passenger pegs to stabilize the hitch. A little elaborate but worth it if you want to take all weather gear to camp extensively. It’s easy with a trailer. My version looks like an oversized ice chest and not a bomb ..... that’s carrying the theme a bit to far for my taste.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
It pivots when you turn but there’s no swivel in the hitch. It’s like a door hinge. When you lean into a turn the trailer leans with you. Google one wheel moto trailers and you’ll see dozens of variations. I’m working on one right now for this summer. There awesome. Only dilemma for the 9T is the single swing arm. The pull has to be done from the rear cage being modified pretty throughly and re-enforced from the mounts for passenger pegs to stabilize the hitch. A little elaborate but worth it if you want to take all weather gear to camp extensively. It’s easy with a trailer. My version looks like an oversized ice chest and not a bomb ..... that’s carrying the theme a bit to far for my taste.
Ah, I see. Thx for explaining, BlitzSchnell. And good luck w/ your version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts