BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Attention SoCal BMW R nineT owners, here’s the plan for our August event, happening this Sunday.

When: Sunday, 8/14 at 8:30 AM

Where: Caffe Luxxe – 22333 Hwy 1, Malibu, CA 90265

What: August 9TOG Meet & Ride – Caffeine, Canyons & Crustaceans

With the relentless heat and humidity lately, we’re going to keep things cool and coastal for this month’s ride. I know the meet time is early for folks not local to Malibu (I'm 70+ miles away myself) but I assure you, this'll be worth setting your alarm for.

We'll start the day gathering from 8:30 to 9:30 to catch up over coffee and check out everyone's latest 9T mods. With consistently excellent drinks and an ideal location, Caffe Luxxe is one of our favorite pre-ride spots.

At 9:30 sharp, we’ll get right to the fun stuff, riding several nearby canyon roads, including the newly-reopened western segment of Mulholland Hwy.

After working up an appetite, we’ll arrive at Broad Street Oyster Company Malibu, one of the best seafood destinations in the area. BSOC is known for their lobster rolls (don't forget to add sea urchin) but everything on their menu is delicious. We’ll aim to arrive just before they open to avoid long lines.

Arrive at Caffe Luxxe as early as you’d like, but we’ll be leaving at 9:30 SHARP. Be sure to arrive with a full tank of gas.

Our rides are run tight and safe and are intended to be fun for all skill levels. That being said, riding motorcycles is a dangerous activity. Join at your own risk.
DISCLAIMER: By participating in this event you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from this group function without regard to negligence. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group's Host, Organizer, or any of the group's Assistant or Co-Organizers liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or property arising directly or as a consequence of a group activity. You also agree that your membership and/or participation in this group is based on an "at-will" basis. A general safety meeting will be held prior to departure to this ride and all riders must be present to attend. Please have 'in case of emergency' contact number programmed in your phone.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking forward to seeing some regulars and meeting new faces this weekend. Hopefully the heat will subside soon and we'll get back to more frequent and diverse events.

BTW... If you're an R nineT owner in the SoCal area (or anywhere in CA or the southwest) join us on Facebook at SoCal 9TOG to stay in the loop for local meets, rides, track days and the occasional special deal or group buy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going to see if I can make it. I'm active with the BMW Club of Southern California, but it would be nice to see a few more R Nine T's

Reactions: greymachine
1 - 7 of 7 Posts