BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2017 R9T Scrambler
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a R9T Scrambler this weekend. Excited! Had a K100 some years ago, then kids, little time to ride.

Restored several bikes (including a R1200C) for friends. Test rides reawakened the love of riding. Time to get back on a BMW!

Great forum, been studying up on the R9T series. Can’t wait to be back in the saddle.

· Registered
2017 R9T Scrambler
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I’ll post some pictures this weekend. Saw some interesting parts in the classified section. Will be reaching out as soon as I can.
Add some things, and delete some accessories added by the original owner. Nothing crazy, but I’m a “stock” guy!

· Registered
2017 R9T Scrambler
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Just outside Philadelphia, Valley Forge area. A bit more open country there, thankfully! Used to ride the dreaded Schuylkill Expressway when I was young & (more) fearless.

I'll figure out how to add the bike, possibly a location? Day two on the forum. What a difference in the information available, former bike ownership was back in the pre-internet days.

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,253 Posts
@CJKaz It's all what you're doing with it. I found the most aggressive for both road and gravel would be the Anakee Adventures. I am running Dunlop mutants on my scrambler though. It's more of an all weather tire and I'm finding them to be a great one.

· Registered
42 Posts
The stock knobby tires were on the chunky side for road use, so it's good thing it has road tires on it now if you're mostly tarmac. But if you do want to get a multi condition tire, the Pirelli MT60 is a good choice. They came on my Ducati Scrambler they were great on the road, even in the canyons. On hard park fire roads they did well too.
Here's s shot of MT60's on an 9T.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
494 Posts
Ohhhh.... can this turn into another tire debate? Chaparral Motorcycles in CA has compiled a huge run of youtube videos documenting adventure tires. They have been testing dozens of tires over the last few years, looking at performance, traction and wear in all types of conditions, both on road and off. They test in sand, gravel, interstate, rain grooves, tar snakes, water, potholes, almost everything, even one in snow. All their tests are on the same set of roads so they can be as objective as possible. They've quantified many categories, going from 80/20 asphalt to dirt, to 20/80 tires, and identifying best at each type of terrain, best mileage, and best overall based on longevity, usefulness and cost. I watched dozens of videos, and identified my next purchase. There are knobby tires that handle wonderfully, and wear for a long time.

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,659 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

Reactions: CJKaz
1 - 20 of 21 Posts