BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I'm thinking about changing out my bars sooner than later. That said, has anyone tried the DK Designs Cafe bars? How would you compare them to clip-on’s? Seems like an easy install. Would clip-on‘s be worth the adjustability?

Here are some pics and a links to the cafe bars by DK.

DKdesign - BMW RnineT Cafe Handlebar | DKdesign Accessories some good pic’s of riding position…bars can be mounted two ways…I’m leaning more aggressive. See pic 👇

http://instagr.am/p/B1tlkisBQJa/ Lot’s more pic here

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Helmet

Thanks for any all/help.

·
Registered
2015 RnineT - Odin
47 Posts
I have clip-ons and it changes your prostion quite a bit. Superbike experience will assist alot if you have it in retraining your body to the new seating position.

It doesnt bother me that much as I have spent most of my life (since around 12years old) trying to go as fast as I can for as long as I can so im very accustomed to the tucked position... I am however getting on in years and starting to look around me when I ride, so I do on occasion slow down a tad... The 9T with clip ons gives me some nostalgia to hang onto from my earlier go fast days and still being able to enjoy the views... :p

It is however quite a departure from the standard bars' seating position and you will need to get used to it again especially on longer rides.

The foot pegs arent really in the optimal position for a tucked ride as they were obviously placed for the more upright seating position originally, but hey - you win some you lose some right...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @TheDuke but I'm fully aware of what it's going to do for rider positions and that rear sets may need to be replaced.

I think I've decided to go for clip ons due to the adjustability. Worried that the bars only have two options where as I have multiple settings with the adjustable clip ons. Also, mirrors that work could be an issue with DK.

Now which way to lean Rizoma or ABM?!?!?

I like the Spy-R 57's. Have to look more into what would fit ABM's.
I've read about every thread on the two. Sorta exhausting but worth it to dial in the ride.

·
Premium Member
1998 R1100GS,2017 R 9 Racer, 2004 Moto Guzzi V11, 2004 Triumph Thruxto
257 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about changing out my bars sooner than later. That said, has anyone tried the DK Designs Cafe bars? How would you compare them to clip-on’s? Seems like an easy install. Would clip-on‘s be worth the adjustability?

DKdesign - BMW RnineT Cafe Handlebar | DKdesign Accessories some good pic’s of riding position…bars can be mounted two ways…I’m leaning more aggressive. See pic 👇

View attachment 159930

Thanks for any all/help.
Hey Everyone,

View attachment 159930

Thanks for any all/help.
Kind of agree with "The Duke" The clip-on's only really adjust down where it looks as if you could flip the DK's over for a lower position (what we did in the old days) or leave them in what is called the Superbike position for a more up-right seating incline.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I think it about Race or Ride … if you race often ..(street-race).. the clips are for you .. when you race it’s usually a brief ordeal maybe an hour so staying tucked is not so difficult to do ..and for top speed and cornering it’s the optimal position. However if you Ride, by that I mean tour more than Race, ..then crouched down for 5 to 10 hours at speed on the highway is very uncomfortable … at least for me. If you think the Racer version of the 9T just looks SO cool ..(like me).. but you really Ride a great deal more than you Race then that “Cool” is going to soon wear off ….. Brief rides, it’s really not going to matter but extended riding will begin to wear on you … I’ve had it both ways .. as you and your moto age it gets even worse … and I am old so the clips had to go … … … ,.. Blitz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts